l28et 720

enzo210

i just want some pics if anyone has them or if you know how it was done.....i know i am gonna have to chop at the firewall but i am gonna make it fit...already thinkin rear mounted rad,intercooler, and turbo freeing up space in the front so maybe a 3 to 4 inch recess in the firewall but don't know till i start to do it.....just if anyone has seen it or has pics let me know.. or any ideas will help as well

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

come on man everyone knows those k-a pistons can't take the power a n/a l28 can put down let alone a turbo l28et....i know you can hit the moon on hp with the k-a and the sr but i got a s130 2+2 with everything for $150 (MOTOR) and i already got a 720 for $150 now i just gotta get enough metal cutting blades lol..... i got the truck stripped and found me some rot so i am gonna start recessing the firewall and patch the floors to match the new firewall i just want to know if it has been done before because i will do a full write up on it if it hasn't let me get my digi cam i'll post some pics......come on now i can't be the only one to want to do this i have seen sbc 720's

come on man everyone knows those k-a pistons can't take the power a n/a l28 can put down let alone a turbo l28et...

lol really? im not sure how to even respond to this statement.... *sigh* :rolleyes: have you even built or ran any of them?

i just want to know if it has been done before because i will do a full write up on it if it hasn't let me get my digi cam i'll post some pics......come on now i can't be the only one to want to do this i have seen sbc 720's

this isnt the first time someones thought of it, its not a new idea. but no ones done it... because its not a good idea either.

not telling you that just to be a dick but 99.9% of the time a project starts with an idea like this and then gets abandoned half way threw when they finally realize it was a bad idea.

then theres nothing but a hacked up datsun thats left to rust.

come on man everyone knows those k-a pistons can't take the power a n/a l28 can put down let alone a turbo l28et

Not true. I've never heard that ever. For one thing the KA makes more hp per piston n/a than an L28 turbo.

....i know you can hit the moon on hp with the k-a and the sr...

Yes the KA will hit the moon easier, faster,cheaper than an L28ET. But this is because it is about 8 years newer, better designed, better EFI, better breathing. And is smaller/lighter.

... but i got a s130 2+2 with everything for $150 (MOTOR) and i already got a 720 for $150 now i just gotta get enough metal cutting blades lol.....

This is the worst argument for swapping a motor. Cheap and available is tertiary.

Research, research, research. I'm not saying this isn't possible, I'm saying there are easier, cheaper in the long run and better chance of success swaps.

yup i was thinking along those lines but i am gonna do a bed mounted rad to clear up more room plus it's cool!!! I pulled the bed off a couple of days ago and it is too far gone already i was wondering if a d21 hardbody bed would work on there i ain't sure i'm gonna have to look. What about a custom shifter...a torch and some 1/2 inch rod will fix that . The heater is already gone along with the dash and the wiring harness it's almost time to start cuttin if it wasn't so dang cold

dont cut the firewall, the motor will fit in the engine bay, you will need to modify crossmembers and make plates for the sides of the motor to move brackets back on the motor, and move the brackets foward on the frame. I am in the process of putting a l28 in a 620 truck, check out project 620z.