Seattle area annual Datsun show - MAY 18

Bleach

{inserted info on the meet}

http://www.bleachgarage.com/potd.html

BBQ on Sunday May 18th

12:00pm

bring your own meat and food for yourself or to share.

I'll reserve a covered BBQ area with tables (if available)

25101 Marine View Dr S

DesMoines, WA

Map to park entrance

The park entrance is at the corner of S 252nd St and 8th pl S, just off of Marine View Drive.

Drive down the steep road to the main parking lot at the bottom of the hill. Turn left. We will gather in the picnic area under the bridge overpass.

If you are taking I5 south, use exit 149 and turn right onto Kent/DesMoines Road

If you are taking I5 north, use exit 149B (DesMoines) and turn right on Kent/DesMoines Road

follow the Kent/DesMoines road (hwy 516) for about 1 mile

Turn Left on 16th Ave S

Turn Right on S 250th St

go straight accross Marine View drive and turn left on 8th pl S

potd_banner.jpg

- - - - - - original message - - - - - -

people talk about it often but we don't really have one planned yet.

Golden Gardens in March is pretty early in the year and dominated by late model Nissans. Its a good show, but very overcrowded and not really a Datsun meet like Canby is.

Why not get something going?

First of all, what month should it be in?

I go to California at the very end of April most years for a Z show.

There is Canby in June, BlueLake in August... both in Oregon

MOTM is a Z meet in August up in Port Townsend, WA.

July is pretty open but usually has a lot of other cars shows and family vacations going on that month.

September has the Canada Datsun/Nissan show and after that the weather isn't so good.

Should we go for May? Maybe say the 3rd Saturday in May each year?

(2nd Sunday is Mothers Day so we dont' want to interfere with family plans that weekend)

I had a Backyard BBQ in 2005 followed the next year by Ted's Planet of the Datsuns meet. Nothing happened for 2007. We 'could' keep the POTD name...

Throw out some ideas :mellow:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may, we might want to start out small and work up. I know that XXX Drive Inn in Issaquah, is a real supporter of Local car clubs/groups. They use to have a Nissan Ifinity run there, But I know it got cancelled last year, Also Blvd Custom Car Club had there meets there but they no showed for ther show last year, So there not welcome back. It might be a place to start. lots of room and food and easy access for easten,south, North, west...etc. Try it if it works find a bigger plsace, then at least we have that to use as a reference for a bigger facility. Adn I am sure it wouldnt be that much money to put up. I think that a show this year is out. But we could do the BBQ cruise thing, those are fun...thats my 2 1/2 cents

sounds great...I know lots of local Roadster and truck owners not on our forum, (silly people) that I could tell. There is also the drive-in place in Auburn, not so nice, used to have lots of shows there. XXX would get us lots of attention, more folks to join us next year. Ok, how do I bring all of my cars? There are also car shows help at Bellevue Community College, no food there, but can bring BBQ's etc. Lots of room there.

Let's do it! Yea, and in a Datsun.

I agree that this year we should hold a quick meet even if its not a 'show' just to get things started. Also that gives us some pics and reference for advertising for next year. (as was already mentioned)

As for the weekend of 5/10, I don't think that's the best weekend.

XXX might work well. Is their summer schedule really full? anyone know?

It would also be cool if we could get something close to the water. Maybe at the DesMoines Marina. They have a big parking lot although I never see car shows down there.

I agree Bleach...you guys should set up a date for a meeting maybe @ somebodys house 1st & actually see who shows up & go from there. Discuss what type of event you want [hang out], [show w/ trophys/plaques] etc... Planning a full on show & shine takes a few months of planning & youll need a dedicated staff to pull it off. If it"s just a hang out/BBQ that wont be as hard...take lots of notes & it'll happen. Sometimes just finding a location is the hardest part. Our club held a 1 day charity show & shine 3 years in a row so if you guys need help im here.

That might be a better location...I know that they have shows there. Kevin can you look up a phone/contact number and give them a call...find out any info we would need? I have a local gal friend who has helped run many many charity car shows...she probably could help if we needed it.

• 1 month later...

This has also been brought up on Zdriver.com

It looks like we have a few more Portland, Washington, and one Idaho people willing to drive to a Seattle area Datsun meet.

I'll add this to my list to do and try to get something simple planned for this year. Tentatively planned for Sunday May 18, 2008

We should still have just a BBQ or get together on Sat. May 10th. I would have it @ my place but I dont think anyone would want to come all the way out to Olalla the "Land of many Berries":D I have over 5 acres lots of room for Ratsuns and familys!

BBQ on Sunday May 18th

12:00pm

bring your own meat and food for yourself or to share.

I'll reserve a covered BBQ area with tables (if available)

25101 Marine View Dr S

DesMoines, WA

Map to park entrance

The park entrance is at the corner of S 252nd St and 8th pl S, just off of Marine View Drive.

Drive down the steep road to the main parking lot at the bottom of the hill. Turn left. We will gather in the picnic area under the bridge overpass.

If you are taking I5 south, use exit 149 and turn right onto Kent/DesMoines Road

If you are taking I5 north, use exit 149B (DesMoines) and turn right on Kent/DesMoines Road

follow the Kent/DesMoines road (hwy 516) for about 1 mile

Turn Left on 16th Ave S

Turn Right on S 250th St

go straight accross Marine View drive and turn left on 8th pl S

potd_banner.jpg

Thanks Kevin , sounds like a good time and I hope all show. It is plenty of time to plan and it is even family friendly...kudos ..Big Dave likey BBQ...:D:D

Hey Bleach if it cost anything to reserve that let us know and we will throw some peso's your way....

sweet im gonna def. try and make it. i wanna meet the ratsun folk. dont forget about my canada meet on your list too bleach, i just gotta figure out a good date still. i dont wanna get in the way of canby. anyone got date ideas for june/july?

Man! Too bad for the &^%$#@* sound! If I could drive str8 accross it would only take bout 10 min.! Maybe I'll Amphib my Dattos!:blink: Good job Bleach! Your the man! I dont care what They say about u!:D