Pictures of Roadster engine heads

DREWSDIME

Maybe some of you roadster guys can help me out. I need some pictures of a head, preferably of a disassembled motor. I have 2 brand new heads in the box from Datsun Im just not sure what they are from. I know for sure its not L series and I was looking at a 1200 at the junk yard today and it was not from that type of motor. So Im hoping maybe its from a roadster? Any info would be great. Thank you.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe some of you roadster guys can help me out. I need some pictures of a head, preferably of a disassembled motor. I have 2 brand new heads in the box from Datsun Im just not sure what they are from. I know for sure its not L series and I was looking at a 1200 at the junk yard today and it was not from that type of motor. So Im hoping maybe its from a roadster? Any info would be great. Thank you.

Look on the end of the boxes. If the part number is 11041-14603 you are in luck. This was the late "universal type R" 1600cc head, fitting both the SAE and Metric engines. The holes for the rods that fasten the valve cover, the intake and the exhaust stud holes are drilled but not tapped. Use SAE or Metric depending on what you have installed, or want to install. The exhaust ports have the boss for the air injection pump, but they are not drilled and tapped, so pre 1968 and later engines can be legally accomodated if still required. Hopefully you have the original baxes and not some leftovers that the heads were tossed into.

By the way, on a slightly different subject I tried to buy a camshaft for this engine. After looking up the part number and flipping a few more pages, the parts man said "T.S., out of production, backordered with no due date." I asked him to enter the original part number, not the preferred later production [metric] one. He did so and grinned. "How many do you need?" he asked, "we have 1000 of the original part number in the warehouse in Gardena."