Fuse box

Z-train

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont remember off the top of my head the difference between the earlier and later fuse boxes, I think this cover is off of a 74.

On the left side from top to bottom

15 Amp, head lamp

15 Amp wiper/washer/heater

10 Amp Meter/Reverse/Regulator

The wiper/washer and the meter/reverse/regulator are the only two pn the whole fusebox that are hot when keyed. The headlights are obviously hot from the batt/alt.

On the right side, from top to bottom

10 Amp, Park/tail

15 Amp, radio/Cig lighter/room

15 Amp, Horn/Stop/Hazard

All the fuses on this side are hot from the batt/alt.

I think there was a difference in the later ones, IM pretty sure that the fuse values stayed the same but I think that there was something else running off of one of the keyed hot.

Hopefully this helps, I posted up the differences in both somewhere on here a while back but Ill be damned if I can find it now.

Soak your fusebox in vinegar or lemon juice and make sure all the tabs holding the fuses in are tight... Dirty/ loose fuses seems to be such a common problem that this is the first thing I do before I even start trouble shooting. Also make sure you have the correct amp fuse after you get it all cleaned up.

I dont remember off the top of my head the difference between the earlier and later fuse boxes, I think this cover is off of a 74.

On the left side from top to bottom

15 Amp, head lamp

15 Amp wiper/washer/heater

10 Amp Meter/Reverse/Regulator

The wiper/washer and the meter/reverse/regulator are the only two pn the whole fusebox that are hot when keyed. The headlights are obviously hot from the batt/alt.

On the right side, from top to bottom

10 Amp, Park/tail

15 Amp, radio/Cig lighter/room

15 Amp, Horn/Stop/Hazard

All the fuses on this side are hot from the batt/alt.

I think there was a difference in the later ones, IM pretty sure that the fuse values stayed the same but I think that there was something else running off of one of the keyed hot.

Hopefully this helps, I posted up the differences in both somewhere on here a while back but Ill be damned if I can find it now.

Soak your fusebox in vinegar or lemon juice and make sure all the tabs holding the fuses in are tight... Dirty/ loose fuses seems to be such a common problem that this is the first thing I do before I even start trouble shooting. Also make sure you have the correct amp fuse after you get it all cleaned up.

The HL fuse I thought was top right? And the later ones swapped the hl fuse to keyed hot. I have a later box in my 73.