freaky510

# 1.Season Opener March 1-2 Ilwaco WA

# 2. April 26-27 Ilwaco WA

# 3. May 15-18 Ocean Run 5 Teen Drivers school*

June 1st WMC Rose Cup AutoX

# 4. June 21-22 Deep River (Naselle)

# 5. JULY 25-26-27 SMACKDOWN 08 Deep River*

Aug 8-10 WMC Bible Creek Hillclimb

# 6. September 12-14 Deep River (alternate weekend for Smackdown)

# 7. October 4-5 Deep River

ACCO Oregon Shootout Oct 11-12

* I would request that other area clubs try and keep the Ocean Run/Teen driver school weekend, and possibly the Smackdown weekend open so other clubs can join in and help out.

look forward to seeing some of you out their

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to get a team together for the smackdown last year was a blast but this year I would Like to get a Ratsun team out their so if you are interested please let me Know I my self have to trailer down to the event check out nwaa. or datsun northwest for dates the ones I posted are not set in stone yet at least the smackdown isnt:D

Look forward to seeing you their

FrEaKy510

I just found this

Smackdown 08 will be Labor day weekend at the Deep River site just outside of Naselle WA.

The SMACKDOWN event is a club TEAM competition, with cars competing in 4 different driving challenges over 3 days to determine who is the best all-around car club in the Northwest. The event is noteworthy in its party atmosphere, and the fun aspect, it is not serious competition, but FUN. free camping on site.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Fun starts with open practice laps Friday all day, Friday night, a 2 person 2 car TSD (touring) rally. Each club team will field 2 teams of navigator and driver for a 1-1.5 hour touring rally ending up @ a local eatery.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday will consist of drag race and drift competitions, each club will field a designated 4 car team for each event.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday will be a traditional autocross event, in which each club will field a designated 4 car team.with a "wildcard" driver selected at random from all the registered club drivers. there are bonus points for extra competitors, over and above the designated team.so the more the merrier

Event Details

Any club member can register and run in any, or all of the events, Except the tsd, that will be a limited entry so we aren't running all night. Clubs can field more than one "team" but it must be designated in advance, the second team will share the non team bonus points, but it itself will not count towards the club total bonus points

Some changes from last year are the event will have Capacity for 14 cars per team, however each team can only run 10 driver car combinations, and ONLY 2 drivers per car in Autocross and drift, only one car can share one driver in the drags. These changes are to encourage drivers to run in more than one event (limit on team size) and discourage teams from showing up with only one good car and spreading it around ( we had one team last year that wanted to run 4 drivers in one car.)

The pro VS amateur competitions will be determined by driver experience. If a driver has competed in more than 10 autocrosses in the previous 2 years, he or she will be considered "PRO" and asked to compete in the pro class. amateur class is restricted to STREET TIRES only, tread-wear 140 or higher, and must be street licensABLE cars, no full race or stripped cars or "specials". PRO classes run unrestricted by SCCA SOLO2 rules r compounds and slicks are allowed.

See NW Autosports for more info.

none!!!!:( are you all to :eek:scared :eek:

i would hate to ask my buddy with a FUROD muststain to run with me. come on someone.I will give free rides(in the datsun) to all who want to join me. I promise you will want to get out before were done.:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

okay the season opener is comming up look forward too seeing some of you down their.I was thinking about taking my b.b.q:blink: down and doing a little cookin this year. They dont have food at the events.Saturday is a fun run type day and sunday is for times come down and say hi and go for a ride :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

First race this weekend hope to see some of you down at the beach.Saturday will be a fun run.Time to try out all the winters work and a on sunday it will be for times so come on down and have a good time if the races are to much enjoy the beach thinking about having a fire on saturday night on the beach.so come on down:)

• 1 month later...