The Greengoon Build Thread 2.0 // Refresh

greengoon

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the rota rkr would look the best on your car.

Thanks! I have never seen those before. There are several Rota styles that are not on their website yet. I've always liked the squarer spokes on the Rewinds better than the RBs that I have now but went with the RBs because of offset choices.

Not in any of the availible offsets/sizes, or bolt patterns ...... .... they only make 15's in 4x100

...... the only 4x114.3 Rota RKR's are some crazy 17x8.5 -6 and 17x9.5 -19

Are you sure? Where did you get your info from ?

• 1 month later...

I think I might should mention this here video a little :blush:

http://depthofspeed....wagon-heritage/

Technical question about the video (which is awesome!): Those shots in the video where the camera is smoothly "sliding" from one side to the other (what they call in the movies a "dolly" shot), are they using an actual dolly? Steady-cam rig? Freehand? Looks to smooth to be freehand...

Thanks guys! There are definitely more worthy cars out there so I was honored to have the chance. Cars don't have to be perfect but I'd rather someone get a car running and get it out there than do a 10 year garage resto to make it perfect.

Technical question about the video (which is awesome!): Those shots in the video where the camera is smoothly "sliding" from one side to the other (what they call in the movies a "dolly" shot), are they using an actual dolly? Steady-cam rig? Freehand? Looks to smooth to be freehand...

saw the vid and came over here to see the build thread. what was it like working with Josh, All his vids are so inspiring

Josh is such a great guy. I met him for the first time the day he came to my garage. A couple friends came along when we did the shooting up the canyon and they drove his car for him while he got the rolling shots. After that we all went to a little cafe for some Mexican food. He's extremely laid back, very intelligent and easy to talk to.

He takes all his footage with a DSLR camera and some GoPros. He does have a few adjustable dollies and a weighted tripod rig that he uses. He takes input as he goes but he has an idea of what direction and type of shots he wants to take. I'd like to see the footage that didn't make it to the video. It was lots of fun and a great experience.

that shot rollin down the forest road at the camera should be the clip in your avatar it keeps replaying in my mind even though i havent watched the video today....

edit...*click* hadnt yet, watched it today.......mmmmmmmmm toast, coffee and sick 510 video ...mmm good friday start now if i only had sound (edit v3.0 i think u talking would wreck my experience...I kid...)

edit v2.0..... 4.40 mark.........rollin....drooled my lucky charms and milk all over my keyboard...

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys. I've got some new ideas for it floating around in my brain for this winter. Going to do some maintenance and some restoration while I'm at it. After I get farther on my Corona and after JCCS I should be updating this thread some more.

Any chance you're bringing the 510 wagon to JCCS? :thumbup:

There's a chance but right now the Corona is registered. It has a little more room for the people who are going down and I plan to drive it all the way. The Datsun is the back up plan though. Definitely next year for the Datto after I dial it in more.