I want it

Xander_42

Damnit! I want it, that's exactly what I would want to start with for a 620, and a good runner at that price. I want it. Alas, I don't have the time or money to do it. Oh well, somebody should pick this thing up and either part it, or fix it. I EVEN LIKE THE COLOR, AND I DON'T KNOW WHY?!?!?!?!

http://seattle.craig...2090388258.html

How hard would it be to source a new roof (should be able to get one at a J/Y, I always used to see 620s at Pull-A-Part), and how tough is it actually to weld a new roof on? Anybody done it before? I mean, I'm a pretty decent welder/fabricator, but something like this, I'm not sure... I think I could do it, but would I trust it? I don't know.

3n33k03m65Z25W55U5ac1903f5ec08b681c49.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... oh right... it's a truck, facepalm.

Would that really be easier though? How much work is it to do that, isn't a lot of stuff attached to the cab: wiring, doors, interior, dash, master cylinders, pedals, steering, seams almost like it'd be less work to just do the fab, but then again, I personally don't really ever fear jumping into welding projects with both feet, but tearing apart a working car is something I've always hated doing.

Also, dumb question, but the term box refers to the bed right?

• 2 weeks later...

Damnit! I want it, that's exactly what I would want to start with for a 620, and a good runner at that price. I want it. Alas, I don't have the time or money to do it. Oh well, somebody should pick this thing up and either part it, or fix it. I EVEN LIKE THE COLOR, AND I DON'T KNOW WHY?!?!?!?!

http://seattle.craig...2090388258.html

How hard would it be to source a new roof (should be able to get one at a J/Y, I always used to see 620s at Pull-A-Part), and how tough is it actually to weld a new roof on? Anybody done it before? I mean, I'm a pretty decent welder/fabricator, but something like this, I'm not sure... I think I could do it, but would I trust it? I don't know.

3n33k03m65Z25W55U5ac1903f5ec08b681c49.jpg

it would make a good convertible with a flat bed!