Icehouse

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thread is due for an update :D

HAHA Well as most of you know I'm always working on some sort of Datto project, it's usually just not mine :) For a change this weekend we spent some time on my rig! YEAH! So the engine is in the mock up bay, I need to get everything test fit, built and coated before it goes into my rig. I want it done once and right, I've had an idea of what I have wanted to do for a while so here goes.

clip.jpg

engine%20in%20temp%20bay.jpg

I know what you are thinking..... Why a V6! Well let me tell you.... Lets add up all the engines I've been involved with putting in. Turbo and none turbo! 3 SR's turbo's 2 SR none turbo's ,1 CA's turbo and 1 none turbo, 2 turbo KA's and countless none turbo's, and god knows how many L's! I'm just burnt out on 4 bangers, I want to stare at something else. I really thought the turbo L would have looked cool but the more I thought about it the more I wanted to do a motor I have never done (wiring doesn't count) So I've decided to do a turbo VG, I won't get into the details I'll just post pics as stuff gets done. Really When I go to a thread and there is ton's of writing and no pics I don't even bother keeping up with it. So I'm going to try and post more pics and do less talking :)

Really When I go to a thread and there is ton's of writing and no pics I don't even bother keeping up with it. So I'm going to try and post more pics and do less talking :)

Yes, finally someone that is on the same page as I am!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Bleach as you know everything should have a turbo :)

Well here are a few pics. Yes they are shitty cell phone pics but you get the idea :)

2010-04-17%2011.05.10.jpg

2010-04-17%2015.54.35.jpg

i have never drove one, but i love the looks of the VG. my friend has one in a 510 and it's carbed, it looks like a mini SBC in there. Fits the look on an old car like a 510. I love the black paint and red interior. Before datsuns i loved Impalas, and my favorites where always black on red SS.

There is pretty much no chance it will be done by Canby, more than anything I just don't have the time. I go to class work, and help out with other peoples projects, there is no way I can have it done by then. I do know one thing that when it's done it's going to be exactly what I want :)

• 2 months later...

Got the tank done. I actually welded some tabs to hold fuel lines across the top but didn't get a pic.. Maybe after its painted I will.

2010-06-26%2020.49.57.jpg

2010-06-26%2023.31.24.jpg

2010-06-27%2000.12.02.jpg

There is pretty much no chance it will be done by Canby, more than anything I just don't have the time. I go to class work, and help out with other peoples projects, there is no way I can have it done by then. I do know one thing that when it's done it's going to be exactly what I want :)

Your ride is looking sweet! What classes are you taking?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...