clutch kit...question?

inda bebe

i have a 86 720 and im gonna be doing a ka24de swap. Im going to be replacing the clutch, do i search a kit based on the 720's transmission or teh 05 240sx Engine?

i hear that you can just slap the engine on w/ the 720's tranny, but searching for Exedy OEM clutch kit, its a different application.

thanks, guys. HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a 86 720 and im gonna be doing a ka24de swap. Im going to be replacing the clutch, do i search a kit based on the 720's transmission or teh 05 240sx Engine?

i hear that you can just slap the engine on w/ the 720's tranny, but searching for Exedy OEM clutch kit, its a different application.

thanks, guys. HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Lets see if I understand this.... You have a 720 that will soon have a KA24DE motor and need a new clutch for this combination..

Get whatever clutch you want for the KA24DE motor... it has to fit the KA flywheel.

Yes, the KA will bolt to the stock 720 5 speed. However the clutch arm holds a release bearing and collar that is matched to the 720's old clutch. It may not be compatible with the KA clutch, hopefully a new collar comes with the KA clutch.

The 720 flywheel might fit the KA but any 720 225mm clutch/PP that would fit it is a bit light for a KA's power. The S13 KA flywheel I've heard will fit a Z or L series motor and are 225mm also and may be higher clamping force. However later S14s are slightly different I think.