I need help 79, 620 finding cab mounts

wilderb

hi there fellow ratsuners I bought a 79 620 long bed that has a two inch body lift, I want to get rid of the stupid body lift but in order to do so I will need new body mounts, can anybody tell me what the part numbers are for the cab mounts? these seem to be more important because the cab actually rests on these, I looked at my friends short bed and it seems that the bed just rests on some thin pieces of rubber, these are still being used on my truck so I don't tink I will need new ones , if mine are shot I was going to use some old tire thread that is the the same thickness as the bed mounts, I have tried calling the local nissan dealer but the guy said " we cannot get those , we can only get parts like spark plugs ,filters, etc..." I think that he didn't feel like bothering to look for such an old car.

please help I have lowered my truck but it is still too high because of the body lift!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could make them out of conveyor belt anything really. The thickness just as to be close, who's going to notice anyway. Make sure they are all the same thickness. You could also stack to get the right thickness.

so my idea to use used tire thread will work? I have a tire off my wifes car that has about a 1/4" thread left, If I make all six cab mounts and six bed mounts out of this will the bed and cab line up?