My wheels stick out too far (510 Wagon)

davmoha

I put some new wheels on and was wondering why the front wheels on my wagon stick out farther than the back and if there was something that I can do about it. I have had the original 13", some 14" slotted mags, and now these 15" Konig rewinds. All those wheels stick out farther up front. Is there a way to have it look flush with the fender without having to buy a skinnier wheel for the front?

xwxmp.jpg

BIqIZ.jpg

More Pics

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent several months trying to asking around and find out WTF was going on with the front wheels. Apparently the stock struts are not really the issue. The issue can be traced to your hub. The center hub that holds the bearings and that the brake rotor attaches to is offset way out. I dont know if any other hub will fit the 510 strut, but if you get your hands on a ZX hub you will see that the hub is much shallower than the stock 510 hub. The ZX strut will move the wheel in a bit. I was able to clear a set of stock ZX turbo wheels after installing the ZX strut assemblies. Before hand the ZX wheel and ZX tire size rubbed the fenders. The only downside to ZX struts is you are limited to 14" wheels or bigger. No more 13" wheels.

Hope that helps.

It is the stock 510 front end setup.. I only put on the Konigs and put lowering blocks on the rear.. I also cut and inch out on the front springs. The wheels are 0 offset. I would like the wheels to be flush with the front and rear.

find some zx struts, camber plates and roll fenders ;)

mine is +5 offset with t3 280z struts and this is how they fit....

280Z struts will NOT fit!!!!!!!!!! ............ 280zx struts will fit,,,, and will narrow the front track width by 3/4" on each side.. (that should fix your flushness problem)

But in-order to fit 280zx struts you need: ... either weld on coilovers,,,, or weld on a PL510 spring perch....... .. and you need bump-steer spacers,,, and all the 280zx brake/hub parts....... (probably will cost more than new wheels)

280Z struts will NOT fit!!!!!!!!!! ............ 280zx struts will fit,,,, and will narrow the front track width by 3/4" on each side.. (that should fix your flushness problem)

But in-order to fit 280zx struts you need: ... either weld on coilovers,,,, or weld on a PL510 spring perch....... .. and you need bump-steer spacers,,, and all the 280zx brake/hub parts....... (probably will cost more than new wheels)

whoops, forgot the x!

almost cheaper to buy a new set of ROTA RBs.I run 15x7 +25mm offset 195/45/15 tiresalso +15 would work also. but if adding coil overs you got to make sure to set the threaded collar otherwise rim could hit the collar.

ifyou want to run the stock struts a dn have tucked +25mm will work.

Panasposrts/VTO have a 15x6in rim and has more leway was its a inch shorter so you have more clearance.

my opinion anything close to 0 offset is going to do this or be very close

Your car is beautiful

put those wheels on your Z car.

I am running 16x7 0 offset konig rewinds on my wagon with stock 510 struts with ermish coilovers and camber plates. The car is lowered in the front with some camber and they dont stick out at all. From what I hear, the offset is somewhere around +20-25mm or so for 510 rims to be behind the fender on stock struts but im not 100% sure.

Not the greatest shot but for an example

almost cheaper to buy a new set of ROTA RBs.I run 15x7 +25mm offset 195/45/15 tiresalso +15 would work also. but if adding coil overs you got to make sure to set the threaded collar otherwise rim could hit the collar.

ifyou want to run the stock struts a dn have tucked +25mm will work.

Panasposrts/VTO have a 15x6in rim and has more leway was its a inch shorter so you have more clearance.

my opinion anything close to 0 offset is going to do this or be very close

Your car is beautiful

put those wheels on your Z car.

I would put them on the Z but I already have these on there:

YvAbr.jpg

• 4 weeks later...