Finished electric fuel pump install today

villegs

Used a Mr Gasket universal 12v pump, fuel pressure regulator, and cheapo purolator fuel filter. Managed to reuse all OE hoses and cut off just 5 inches of metal fuel line. Mounted the pump to the pinch weld between the floor pan and cab back, which I need to rethink as this is the loudest pump I've ever heard, it resonates in the cab really bad and is even audible from outside the truck, may try a rubber or plastic block to try and isolate interior buzz and make some sort of shield around it to protect it. Other than noise I'm happy with the install. Did have to swap out pressure regulators today though, as the 1st one I got was junk. Do not get one of the Spectra ones from Pepboys, AZ, etc. it's crap, found out afterwards that they have pretty much %100 defect rate on em, spend the extra sheckles on the Mr.G one 1st time around.Link to the picture under the truck My link

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

016.jpg

In this picture I've outlined the stock location for the stock electric fuel pump, there is a bracket that bolts to the frame that holds the pump as well as the filter. If you are still having noise issues you might consider this location for your pump.