620 tach question.

danfiveten

Ok so got the tach in, and was all ready to wire when i saw that the clip is already there, figure corey left it from when he pulled his tach. But heres my problem, plug it in, turned the truck over, and it sticks at 3k. Doesnt go up or down, when its just on and not running, sits at 3k. Lights work, goes back down when off. I saw the tach work earlier so i know its not the tach. Danny started acting up like crazy when i was trying to figure it out, so i know hes not going to let me so hoping someone has a answer for me :)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so got the tach in, and was all ready to wire when i saw that the clip is already there, figure corey left it from when he pulled his tach. But heres my problem, plug it in, turned the truck over, and it sticks at 3k. Doesnt go up or down, when its just on and not running, sits at 3k. Lights work, goes back down when off. I saw the tach work earlier so i know its not the tach. Danny started acting up like crazy when i was trying to figure it out, so i know hes not going to let me so hoping someone has a answer for me :)

the wireing that is there is factory wireing.....should just clip in and work....i even had like 3 differnt tachs in there, and all worked id say it you tach.....

I saw it working though......I swear to god the 620 hates me, its acting out since i cant drive it right now. Hoping someones seen this before, if it was bad i wouldnt think itd be moving at all. Ill try to get a video of it later, it sits at zero untill u turn the key to on then it goes up to 3k, and sits there when u start the truck, so some wire has to have come loose. If this was a 510 i would have it figured out in about 5 mins, but im not familiar with 620 wiring at all. Worst of all every time i try to take Lil D back into the garage he starts crying :(

I would be worried about it being for the clock, but corey has had several tachs in there, and told me the plug should be right. Hey josh i may have to come over to your house :) And yes i still have it, wife wanted me to get rid of it, and now im not driving it with my back, so ive been back and forth on it. I love the truck, so im going to see after my back fusion how i can handle riding in the truck, and if my back still hurts with her she may have to go :( I may try some more comfy seats as well though. Just no working on cars for 4 months, so i want to figure this out before my surgery at the end of the month.

• 1 month later...