66 Roadster and 67 520 New pics

datsunz

Well, cold weather is coming so I have been spending a lot of time on the Datsunz. This 66 roadster came from Ca. 4 years ago and sat in NJ. It was being sold as not having a tranny in it. When I went to get it in NJ, he never looked under it and was told the tranny was "Gone". It was all there but the inspection/oil pan was off (yes it's a manual, they came with them, wish they did now) and you could see one tooth is missing from some gear. I made a gasket and filled it with fluid before I verified which gear, oh well. Unstuck the brake master, no luck on the clutch master, ordered a 75 620 clutch master for cheap and got it running and moving and braking. All electrical works and the heater. Needs a new top. Rebuilt the carbs runs great, has headers. I powder coated the rims chrome and a thick clear and put cheap china tires on it. Will get 20 day plates next week and see what she's got. One gear will be screwed up, but I will find out which one. 8) The 520 has been rattle canned by me, powder coated the rims and just painted the interior with a brush and Rustoleum Quart of Sail Blue (same as outside). The paint from the brush and the quart is much more glossier and thicker than from the can. Now I know why people roller their car with Rustoleum versus rattling it. It self levels from the brush or roller so it is much thicker and you get a much better value for your money. The truck runs great, I took it for a cruise last weekend and it was great except for the fact it has a solid tranny mount and the cab vibrated like a jackhammer (was crazy loud), but I have a remedy for that coming soon muwaa hahaha... The 4.88 low gearing didn't help either, but other than that she was perfect. L18/U67 4 spd. Thought I'd post something up.

Chris

http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn183/srpowdercoating/66%20Roadster%2067%20520%20Datsunz%20of%20course/

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic