Cody's Green 69 510 4-door

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to philcas1987, i was able to do my Mazda wiper conversion :D and rebuild/restore my whole wiper linkage. Its A lot easier than i thought!

GEDC2299.jpg

GEDC2300.jpg

GEDC2301.jpg

GEDC2302.jpg

I used emery cloth to clean the pivots up.

GEDC2303.jpg

Cleaned the pivots out and re greased.

GEDC2306.jpg

GEDC2307.jpg

GEDC2308.jpg

GEDC2310.jpg

Installed the GasAdjust shocks i scored too!

GEDC2320.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Could be a 69 thing. A wagon here had those too, seen black, white,blue,red,and tan. I want red ones so bad.

ratdat3 in portland... (think that was his SN) Have him do you some up, no it wont be original but he does good work (think hes got ratsunish pricing too but dont quote me on it..)

You know nothing really goes good with red interior, cept maybe white/black/red paint...

ratdat3 in portland... (think that was his SN) Have him do you some up, no it wont be original but he does good work (think hes got ratsunish pricing too but dont quote me on it..)

You know nothing really goes good with red interior, cept maybe white/black/red paint...

Hey Siqx20, did you read that??? ^^^

LOL

Gonna be workin on both the projects again today =)

68datsun510.

I seen your head. Those lash pads look like they stick up alot. Are those stock retainers? Have you thought of getting the aftermarket ones? So tha lash pads fit more securely in they so they dont flop out.

also you can get new heater hoses they still have them. The S shaped one that goes to the head where the L one fit in to head.In the photos look like top points up for some reason

Head was built and prepped by Rebello Racing, not gonna touch it. I have new stock nissan heater hoses in my bin-o-parts, i jus use the goofy hose because its heater hose coupler points upward. Dont wanna try and re-clock it.

GEDC1710.jpg

68datsun510.

I seen your head. Those lash pads look like they stick up alot. Are those stock retainers? Have you thought of getting the aftermarket ones? So tha lash pads fit more securely in they so they dont flop out.

also you can get new heater hoses they still have them. The S shaped one that goes to the head where the L one fit in to head.In the photos look like top points up for some reason

I don't know a lot about heads.....but....you kind of want your rockers sitting closer to the retainers...??

Seems your lash pads are sticking out rather excessively on the intakes, looks like you could use some 150-180 retainers...????.

I believe they might have a tendency to fall out with higher RPM???

Well, its a head built by a guy who has been in business with championship winning race engines for longer than I've been alive. Im not discrediting anyones opinions or what not, just saying that this head was built by a guy who knows his shit. Oh Btw...

Engine will be DONE sunday.

GIGGITY!

GIGGITY!

GIGGITY!

GIGGITY!

GIGGITY!

GIGGITY!

GIGGITY!

GIGGITY!

GIGGITY!

GIGGITY!

GIGGITY!