Official Ratsun calender submission thread

Skib

ok, rules amendment made.

the calender site request pics be 3000 X 2500 pixels at 300DPI so aim high :cool:

chances are you are going to have to go out and actaully shoot pics for the calander, in most cases just using a pic you already have isnt going to cut it.

and for those that are not familiar with DPI, we will need an origonal file of the pic that is from the camera,

not one thats been uploaded and then saved to your comp from the internet again.

being uploaded to the internet reduces all images to 72 DPI and that just dont work :P

winners need to have that original file to email it as an attachment to J.Chimpo for printing,

again, no pic uploaded to the internet will work for printing, you must save the original!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, rules amendment made.

the calender site request pics be 3000 X 2500 pixels at 300DPI so aim high :cool:

chances are you are going to have to go out and actaully shoot pics for the calander, in most cases just using a pic you already have isnt going to cut it.

and for those that are not familiar with DPI, we will need an origonal file of the pic that is from the camera,

not one thats been uploaded and then saved to your comp from the internet again.

being uploaded to the internet reduces all images to 72 DPI and that just dont work :P

winners need to have that original file to email it as an attachment to J.Chimpo for printing,

again, no pic uploaded to the internet will work for printing, you must save the original!

What if someone emails you the picture will it reduce the DPI then also?

What if someone emails you the picture will it reduce the DPI then also?

thats why Iv asked it be emailed as an attachment, itl retain the DPI

cant have something that was uploaded to photobucket ect. it has to be the original file.

Well crap! I guess my camera just don't cut it. Just took some good pics of the 521 and the res is only 2600x2000 :( . Oh well maybe one of these days I can can run with the big dogs and get a newer camera :)

I think that should be ok Jayden

Here's mine. Can reshoot in any resolution required, original is 1280 x 960.

veu060.jpg

My camera's maximum resolution is 1280 x 960, a 1.3 MegaPixel unit. 7 or more were required! Skib changed the rules this morning, so I'm back in! The new Terreana Resort and Trump golf course are both a half hour away. If a reshoot is desired, I could shoot with Catalina Island in the background.

skib those are just my entries for voting, they are from photobucket. ill find out what size they are and add to this post so i dont klutter. my red truck came from a 3.2 megapixel and the car from a 7 or 10 mega pixel camera. i can even go shoot more (car only, truck is gone), or could we just stack my 2 to make one pic? truck is 2000x1500, car ill have to ask the original shooter, she took it and i copied off facebook

So, if adding a hot girl will it get you in the calendar? because i have my girl Yady she is 22 that's been bugging me to pose with my 710 what should she wear? any ideas? lmk what you guys think? here is a pic of her and yes she is real.

32012_113387235370545_100000978076775_80239_3348276_n.jpg

She's a beauty. I'd have her rock some 70's pinup style to match the era of the 710!

I will throw down! What are the rules on Photoshop for the contest? Like this has the rat and wrenches and rising sun graphic applied.

nope no rules against a little PS :cool:

truck is 2000x1500, car ill have to ask the original shooter, she took it and i copied off facebook

that will be a good size shady if you get the original

just found that the MIN SIZE IS 1173 x 780

but that is the absolute min so please try and still get them as big as possible!

If you have a 10 megapixel or better camera, that would be ideal.

8 Megapixel and you are just about in the clear.

If you are using a 8 megapixel try not to crop the picture after taking it, get the original as close to what you want as possible.

I would submit a picture of my car, but the wheels and tires are humiliating.

Anyone have a set of wheels laying around for a photoshoot? I am down for a PDX area group picture.