is it too soon to talk Canby 2008?

BEEBANI

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
oh and by the way if you do camp out and you didnt get to buy a dinner dont for a 5 $ donation I will do a good barbaque

We buy extra dinners every year. So if you didnt pre-register, you can probably still get a dinner on Saturday. Just don't wait too long because they have sold out every year.

We will also have food concessions available Sat and Sun all day in OUR area. Not out in some stinky horse barn across the fairgrounds.:P

I

can you park with the cars but not enter the show?

We will have Datsun/Nissan parking available inside the fairgrounds for $5. This is a large grassy area just to your left as you enter the gate. It is a first come first serve free for all, but we have had 100+ cars parked there in years past. Please come in and display your Datsuns.

The parking for the pre-registered cars in on the right. Those cars will be arranged by class, and are eligible for class trophies.

Guest 510kamikazifreak
We buy extra dinners every year. So if you didnt pre-register, you can probably still get a dinner on Saturday. Just don't wait too long because they have sold out every year.

We will also have food concessions available Sat and Sun all day in OUR area. Not out in some stinky horse barn across the fairgrounds.:P

A friend in a local club talked to Carter for me yesterday,Reserved my dinner tickets.

Going to be in the non show field(hopefully under the trees(nice and kool)

I hope to do the camping thing(as long as the weather cooperates)

I am not sure if I will bring the "ratsun"(rust and dings;))

Or drive the shinny one:rollseyes:

More leaning to the ratsun one;)

Are we planning on a trip to PIR on friday night?

Would be nice, but i have not heard anything official yet. I dont think that i will race mine, but would be a fun hangout.

Anybody else in??

Looks like the cost of entry is $8, and an additional $25 for the evening if you want to race. http://http://www.portlandraceway.com/

I, as well as others camping at Canby, can not make PIR due to the lateness of the event. Gates for the fairgrounds will close at 10 PM.

For those that will be in the Canby area on the Friday evening of the event, there will be a group heading for the go-karts at Sykart in Tigard at 6pm.

I will most likely be here.

Here's the location if you'd like to check them out before hand...

Sykart

8205 SW Hunsker

Tigard, OR 97223

503-684-5060

Have fun whatever ya do!

im relieved now. i almost couldnt take the 320 to canby because my sister has a kart race in tacoma that weekend and my dad was gonna have to use the tow pig to get there. my brother who lives in olympia stepped up and is gonna pit for her saturday and sunday so my dad and i can head to canby. we still have to be in tacoma for practice on friday. this is gonna be one crazy weekend for me.

For those that will be in the Canby area on the Friday evening of the event, there will be a group heading for the go-karts at Sykart in Tigard at 6pm.

I will most likely be here.

Have fun whatever ya do!

you know about the kart track in canby dont you....about three years ago i found out my wifes cousin owns that place

you know about the kart track in canby dont you....about three years ago i found out my wifes cousin owns that place

Pat's Acres? That is awesome!

I have a friend, a fellow 510 guy, who is heavy into carting right now. He goes out there whenever he can.

Sycart runs at night and it is indoors, so rain or shine. Good for us beginners.:D

Will there be a specific place for all of us who did not make registration for the show to park so our Dats are together??

Yep, on the grass over to the left just after you enter the gates. We will be able to direct you. $5 to park amongst many other Datsuns.

See you there, and we would love the help! Need volunteers for parking and manning the gate.

So I was cleaning out my car today, and I found a little folded piece of paper between my seat and the tranny tunnel, before tossing it in the trash I opened it up. Directions to Canby and a list of things to remember to bring. I think it's a sign....either that its time again, or I need to clean out my car more often :D

Both!

Put that in the glovebox, and clean the rest of your car more often. :D

If you're single, stop by Dennys in Canby. ;)

And you're right about the location. Not listed on the Canby website. My page says it is at the Fairgrounds but it could be confusing having to go to multiple websites to get all that info.