is it too soon to talk Canby 2008?

BEEBANI

I think Steroid is considering going & if so i may try & make the journey up there to hang out & meet you guys finally..except Bleach he's an old friend :D

When the time comes closer keep in touch. We may be able to meet somewhere on I-5 or 99 and all caravan together. I think were planning on stopping in Reding for a night to split up the driving.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've planned a week of My vacation for then. Now, what do I bring????? Funtana or Choptana? The dually project is out. Way too much to do and I will debut it somewhere in So. Cal. or Davis Camp. My carb (4 barrell) on Choptana is being rebuilt today so it will be running by next week with no problems. Stopping it, though, will be a problem. The brake lines have not been ran yet. Week after next I should have the headliner done and sunroof reinstalled. After that everything should go right together, definately in time for Canby. Hang 510 We should keep in touch. We can drive up together. Mark is welcome to ride up with Me. I've also offered to Guy, but don't know about his vacation schedule.

Sun burn??? I call it a nice bronzing:). I just wish Canby had a auto-x or even better a hill climb...hmmm, I wonder if there are any hillclimbs around the same time as canby...

Duke, we are working on this. I totally agree that we need some driving events. It wont happen this year, but hopefully in the future.. We have a insured club that will run a Auto-X for us, the only problem is finding a venue to do it in. The whold friggin show could even possibly move locations so we can have a driving event.

I miss Shasta too. I can't bring it back, but I _can_ work on making Canby as good as possible.

I am gonna start a new thread asking for input on Canby events.

Funtana or Choptana will be towed. That gives Me also a place to sleep. I'm getting stoked thinking about this trip. I can meet anybody in either Mohave, Bakersfield or higher if We plan ahead. See My post elsewhere about camping.

ME WANT CAMP!!! ME WANT MEAT!!! ME WANT 620 MANIACS SITTING AROUND CAMPFIRE EATING MEAT LOOKING AT 620S IN CAMPFIRE FLAMES!! UGHGGGGGGGggggggggg!!!!!!!!!

Redding!

I drove from SanDiego in the morning and stopped in Redding for the night

im down w/a caravan :thumbup:

last year im met a few norcal guys in redding for breakfast and then we continued to canby 8)

until i fix my mileage (jets & 16g fuel cell) ill have to stop often (currently ~150mi)

but i could get there faster-refill and meet back on the hiway w/o anyone else stopping :lol: :fu:

I'm in Seattle, and I WOULD LOVE TO GO!!!

How far of a drive is Canby from Seattle? I'm pretty sure my truck will make it, but how comfortable it will be is another story... currently 1 hour is the longest I've been in my truck at the same time, and that was hell on my back.

But, I would def. meet up with people around Seattle before hand... granted, I have to get time off work 1st!!

I talked to my mom who is going to be up in OR at the time so I will get to see her, family, and Datsun family! Did I read the 14-15th of june right?

you could ride shotgun w/me on the way up (if your kidneys & ears are up to it :lol: )

i may leave from salem with my aunt to HI for 2weeks, so you'd only need a 1way ticket home...

Steroid is planning of coming to Canby?

Makes me kind of rethink my plans not to go this year. I might come down and park in the General Admission area, I've decided I definately will NOT be showing anything (I mean, unless I won the lottery, giving me TIME to work on something like my V-6 521 that hasn't had anything done to it in the 2 years I've had it except grow moss).