window crank

primo74620

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How to fix Stripped Windo Crank. Go to Junkyard and find An unstripped crank and regulator assebly for a 510, come home, remove door panel, remove old assebly, install new used Assebly, put on door panle, put on crank, enjoy feeling the breeze!!! of just jb weld your crank onto your stripped one.

• Like 1

Does the clip still clip on? what is actually stripped? The arm that detaches and is plastic or the splined piece that you turn to make the window go up and down, it is metal. Anyways I would drill a hole through the metal splined piece, and then use a screw to go threw the metal piece. It would attach to the arm. Since the arm is plastic remember to drill some relief holes so it doesnt split. This is what I mean.

Untitled.jpg

Does the clip still clip on? what is actually stripped? The arm that detaches and is plastic or the splined piece that you turn to make the window go up and down, it is metal. Anyways I would drill a hole through the metal splined piece, and then use a screw to go threw the metal piece. It would attach to the arm. Since the arm is plastic remember to drill some relief holes so it doesnt split. This is what I mean.

Untitled.jpg

The splined metal piece the attatches to the regulator is what is stripped. I know I could go to the jy and get a good one. I was looking for a quick fix for mean while.

The splined metal piece the attatches to the regulator is what is stripped. I know I could go to the jy and get a good one. I was looking for a quick fix for mean while.

I used permatex once. lol A ratsun fix for sure. It allowed me to remove it and put on a new one after I got another.