Exhaust Thread

Braden

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Didn't mean the carburetor screws, that would be more for idle. More the jets to correct any lean or rich.

ahhh I see, so they are like bring into a tuning shop kinda deal. I new about adjusting the jets but ill call a couple shops and see if I can get a borderline price of a tune.

• 2 months later...

Here is my contribution. I decided to run a 2" exhaust off of the stock exhaust manifold. With a 2" muffler on the back. We're I to do it again I would have found stainless steel, as this mild steel immediately flash rusted and I am worried that it won't last a super long time, but I like the way it sounds and is tucked under the car. 

The only thing that didn't get completed was the retainer that keeps it from rattling on the rear cross member, so that happens from time to time. 

https://youtu.be/SqxYQ4q5Yok

• Like 1

My first 510 still has the mild steel 1.75 inc exhaust I had put on. its still fine.  since the 1990s.

My 521 has aluminized pipe which I would use. and still looks GREAT. Aluminized pipe is Great on a budget and last a good amount of time. More than the vehicle now as most 510s get smashed now before they wear out

Your overly worrying about NOTHING

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 1
  • 9 months later...

I couldn't really find a better place to share this.  I will no longer be making the downpipe flanges for the 4 cylinder L-series exhaust.  I figured I'd share the CAD files on grabcad and I put a page up on my site.  

http://www.bluehandsinc.com/l16-exhaust-flange.html

I actually still have a bunch of the 6cyl ones.  I spent over $300 having them made and I've only ever sold one. 😞  I think the holes might be off just a hair.  I've never had a way to verify them on a manifold so I really don't know.  I'm tired of the box sitting on the shelf taking up space.  If someone reading this has a 6cyl exhaust manifold to test one one, please msg me.  

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's my contribution. Took everything from this thread so far and kept everything at 2". Welded on a flowmaster cat, Thrush turbo, and even a custom mount I'm pretty proud of. 

80q7SsA.jpg

OUX7oRR.jpg

j62u8Gk.jpg

DEQ has my CO at 5x the allowable limit and 2x the HC, so i'll be  looking at the carb next, unless i've missed some glaringly obvious. the original exhaust didn't even have the cat

8qC8QBZ.jpg