How do you jack your dime?

hitch

On my previous 510 I remember the rocker pinch welds were slightly crushed in from jacking with the scissor jack. Using a floor jack on the front sub frame dented them in. I want to avoid any damage, cosmetic or other on my new dime when I put it up on stands for the trans change. What is your no dent, no damage method. thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On my previous 510 I remember the rocker pinch welds were slightly crushed in from jacking with the scissor jack. Using a floor jack on the front sub frame dented them in. I want to avoid any damage, cosmetic or other on my new dime when I put it up on stands for the trans change. What is your no dent, no damage method. thanks

I use the front or rear crossmember

Had a similar problem on my 210. I have tow hooks on the front that I jack up on that give me tons of space. Not sure if you have them. For the side and rear I jack up on one of the areas where the links for the rear end meets the body. but again, not sure that you have that area since you have IRS.

I jack mine up at the front cross member, or rear, then put jacks stands under the frame rail. Haven't had any issues with that. Tho i do see where the previous owner at some point did... I use wide jack stands, that go across the entire rail so the weight is evenly spread out.

Stuff like this is why ratsun has a bad rep...

says the guy with 9 posts thats been here for less than two weeks :rolleyes:

sarcasm.jpg

Sarcasm

(plural sarcasms)

Noun:

(uncountable) A form of humor that is marked by mocking with irony, sometimes conveyed in speech with vocal over-emphasis. Insincerely saying something which is the opposite of one's intended meaning, often to emphasize how unbelievable or unlikely it sounds if taken literally, thereby illustrating the obvious nature of one's intended meaning.

(countable) An act of sarcasm.

• Like 3

When using the jack on a 510, like everyone is saying, I used the front or rear crossmember. Near the front, if you look past the pinch welds, there are some sturdy looking areas that almost look like frame, but they're not, since it's a unibody. They should be about 3" wide. I put my jackstands under those, and on the rear, I put the jackstands underneath the crossmember towards the outer edges.

Well to jack my dime, i usually sneak up to it at night, then use a slim jim to open the door. And enjoy the hilarity as my neighbors wonder why the heck im trying to jack my own car. :)

Stuff like this is why ratsun has a bad rep...

No, this is why people ENJOY Ratsun so much. It's laid back, we're all friends here, and we can joke around without getting our panties in a bunch. Sense of humor or GTFO.

• Like 1

Under the lower control arms will also work for the front. I use a jack with an 8" section of 2x4 on it when lifting on the pinch welds on the side. Rear under the control arms or diff.

Umm i try to keep the fun in this place. Its people like you that bring it down by being a jerk. Theirs a difference between slamming the guy, which i wasnt doing at all, why would i? compared to making a funny joke.

Sense of humor, i suggest one for you. Ratsun gets a bad name from the people that slam people, not the people that try to keep the fun in datsuns.

• Like 4

Hey, I posted the topic for two reasons. Number one, to actually get some good ideas to avoid damage, been there done that. Number two, catchy title to stimulate some fun in the thread. Sorta worked :(

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to break out of that habit myself

Photo1010.jpg

Is that the Bendpak low rise lr-60? I was thinking of pickin one up in the next couple days either that one or the snap-on mid rise .. trying to make up my mind if the difference between 26" lift and 48" of the mid rise justifies the cost differnce. How do you like that lift?