Metal window visors

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Summit racing has some for Nissan cars & trucks. Maybe the Sentra ones are close in size to the 510...

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Brand/Auto-Ventshade/Product-Line/Auto-Ventshade-Stainless-Steel-Ventshades/Make/NISSAN/?Ns=Rank|Asc&autoview=SKU

I've been wanting a set too, but they are definitely hard to find and usually high priced. PCD's got a good point with retrofitting something that's close in size. I've also seen some in Japan that looked really nice, and it turned out that the owner made them on his own. I will probably go this route, unless someone takes one for the team and orders those Sentra visors to see if they fit!

Also, the visors on that brown coupe up there look homemade, just not as well :lol:

looks like a wedge fit of some sort.

WVS73B_P1_Main.jpg

edit: looks like some tape is involved as well.

Ventshade Vent Visor -- AUTO VENTSHADE VENT VISORS, STAINLESS STEEL, POLISHED, SET OF 2 -- Extra wide; Made of rugged stainless steel; Features in-channel design; Helps keep out the elements and allows fresh air to enter your vehicle; Reduces heat build-up; Easy no-drill installation using strong automotive grade tape."

Mine attached using 5 clips per visor. You pull the window rubber out of the channel, insert the clips, then the visors snap onto them, replace rubber & done deal.

To take the guesswork out of it somebody could use some cardboard & make a template of a Sentra window frame then compare that to a 510 window frame.

Mine attached using 5 clips per visor. You pull the window rubber out of the channel, insert the clips, then the visors snap onto them, replace rubber & done deal.

To take the guesswork out of it somebody could use some cardboard & make a template of a Sentra window frame then compare that to a 510 window frame.

id def be into buying one a set off summit racing if that was the case. even if i had to trim a little off the end.

HUmmmmm....

I remember seeing a Truck.... chevy blazer... I was measuring but never finished getting the Data since I dont own a 510... But the 80's S10 has a similar door design as the 510... Look into that?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-94-S10-S15-S10-BLAZER-S15-JIMMY-BRAVADA-Ventshades-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem48341db5dfQQitemZ310112007647QQptZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_889wt_754

Just go to the junkyard... Measure. and then buy them. They go for around 25 on ebay...

If I am right. I Want a nice dinner... YEP!

FrontSide1.jpg

• Like 1

I'll prob end up making some too. How do they attach? Just wedged in the window track?

hi i have them on my car and they are attached with screws 2 each window

i dont know were u can buy them mine were on the car when i got it

but just wanted to tell u how were attached if u need pics i can take some closer so u can have a better idea

0716001647.jpg

0716001646a.jpg

0716001640.jpg

0716001639.jpg

0716001646.jpg

• Like 1

if people would pay like 100$ for a pair, and i had a cardboard template and some dimensions... i could most def make those at our sheet metal shop out of stainless or thin aluminum... if anyone is interested, i will make a set for my 720 then post pics to show you my credibility, one set would take about a week, it would take so long just because i am shop forman and dont get much time (one set would take an hour of total time, just ten to fifteen minutes at a time) .... if a hundred sounds too much or too little or you dont think it can be done, let me know

• Like 1

well i just made a cardboard template for my pickup. so if i get a request or two i will make them, test fit on my truck then meet up with the person who ordered and help install to make sure of the best fit. the only thing is the stainless we have is very high quality (last like 100 years on a building roof) but is not polished, i dont want to polish them because i dont have apropriate tools so i will sell them unpolished... i have not polished the stainless we have at the shop but im sure it will shine up real nice.

and i can make it so they wont sag in the middle

looking at price of current ones on jcwhitney.... 100$ sound a bit too high, depending on how many time i cut myself... prob like 50-70$$ per set of two (one right, one left)....

Edited by sinner720st
  • Like 1

i made my first prototype, the fitment is pretty good, i could make it better, i made this one in about fifteen minutes. if it was stainless i would take a little more time on it.....enjoy

DSCF2220.jpg

DSCF2221.jpg

DSCF2223.jpg

DSCF2224.jpg

p.s. still dont know how these things generally get fastened on, i can add metal anywhere for a screw, i need an idea for screw placement

• Like 2

CALLING SKIB!!!! need info on screw placement... once i make a really good one (the one i made today is not so good) i will have a template and be able to make them, as many as i want, just gotta pitch the boss some cash for metal (stainless costs, painted doesnt)(but the labor does, hint hinttongue.gif)

i will try another one tommorow, change some things. its gunna be good

• Like 1