Big Bore A14

JAS

Just got a decent A14 from a junk yard, said it was from a 78 B210. Well.... It has an H89 head with its intake/exhaust mainfolds and an 82mm bore on the block. is in decent condition, but i want to re-ring/bearing it while I have it apart. Bought this '74 turquise B210 with 54K miles on it, and the A13 is toast.... Sat for too many years and someone tried to get it going some years ago and toasted the head.

Any thoughts on the engine i got? i would say it was an A15, except it has the A14 casting on it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably have an A14 engine from a B310. I found this small piece of information at the Datsun1200.com website.

H89

A14 Oval-port "High Compression" was fitted to B310 Coupe and Sedan in the JDM market (but not to Van (wagon).

•Closed Chamber

•Oval Port

•Intake Water Ports

•New intake bolt pattern

Here is the link: http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=A-series_Cylinder_Heads

Of course i missread my dial calipers, it is 77mm bore and 82mm stroke, that makes a difference on the bore... Can't read a caliber the way i used too..... now it looks like i did get the A15, now i just need to get a rebuild kit on this and start in. It threw me to see the A14 stamped on this when i suspected an A15.

• 1 month later...