620 Hood Trim Hardware Mod

Braden

I know you have seen it, you have wanted to paint it and either you were too scared to take it off for fear of breaking bolts or you did take it off, broke your bolts and now your screwed. Removing your grille trim located on the hood and painting it is a must if you plan on freshening up your grille with some new paint. Taking it off can be troublesome because most of us have rusty locked up bolts. Im pretty sure that you cant get the hardware anymore from the nissan dealer so i used some cheap hardware i got from my local industrial supply. The cost of the hardware was one whole dollar!! thats right $1!! here is what ive got! 6 countersunk bolts, 6 flnaged nuts, and 6 1/4 inch washers.

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

Now to get down to buisness.

1.Remove your trim!!!! go ahead unscrew the 6 tiny bolts. of course if yours are in good shape re use them, none of mine were so i had replace all of mine!

IMG_1017.jpg

2. Now that the trim is off get some small vice grips and clamp on your old busted hardware, carefully slide all of the harware out to the end and the lip of the trim tapers off to allow the hardware to fall out. by this point you should be looking like this.

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

Dont forget to clean behind where the trim was and give attention to any rust that may have formed there.

IMG_1014.jpg

3. Obviously the washers i bought are oversized! This is so you can square them up and make it easier to install and also to keep everything lined up. Get out your handy dandy die grinder and have some fun.

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

4. You should grind the washers so that the length equals about .450-.475 depending on how bent up you rtrim is etc, experiment with this to make sure yours work properly.

5. Slide your new hardware into the proper position and use them to hang up your trim so you can paint it.

IMG_1030.jpg

6. Install your trim with your now new hardware and enjoy the fresh look that the freshly painted peice brings to your front end.

(ill get a pic of mine once the paint is dry)

I hope this has helped you guys out!!

• Like 4
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...