propane tank holder

bananahamuck

So my son started putting a gas tank in his boat/car and my propane powered truck was if front of garage and the tank for some reason is leaking out fill valve.To move it i needed to make holder for 5 gallon propane tank so it wouldn`t fall off ......

first found an old mud drag jeep rim and tank fit in real good but didn`t want to waste it

aaaaa016.jpg

so i dug around and found jeep rim with riveted center section.

aaaaa017.jpg

then ground & popped rivets and center came out

aaaaa020.jpg

then cut notches to fit snug to frame

aaaaa004.jpgaaaaa005.jpg

then added square tube for more weld area

aaaaa006.jpg

aaaaa008.jpg

aaaaa007.jpg

Then my 12 year old welded it to frame (on a side note MAN! that kid needs more sun)

aaaaa013.jpg

aaaaa010.jpg

quick paint job and truck is now under its own power

aaaaa014.jpg

aaaaa015.jpg

Ok this project is more for around yard than road legal but now if someone does buy it they can drive it home.Or if you were to make one of those colossal size bbqs this might work for you.And when people do the whole write up then post pics it looks better but i can`t think that far ahead of myself.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

:thumbup: Nice fit on that tank, looks good! Way to get the boy out there started young on some metal working/welding skills! Always good to have father/son projects, so they learn useful stuff, stay outta trouble, and get a chance to hang out with Dad too :D I was lucky enough to pick up carpentry from my dad.

I need a little helper while I take pics...... :lol: ........ ... .. too bad they are only helpfull from 11 to 14yrs old

Actually this one was being forced because he`s more,,way more,,of a little bookworm than a car person.He seems to want to go into the legal field like his mom rather than be a dirt bag like his dad. blink.giflol.gif

sweeet!!!! cool to see the kid welding!!!! teach him how to read a weld pool and he will be laying some sick beads in no time!!! heck i like to get so close to the pool ive melted a few face plates getting so close i can see the globules dripping off of the end of the mig wire.

:thumbup: Nice fit on that tank, looks good! Way to get the boy out there started young on some metal working/welding skills! Always good to have father/son projects, so they learn useful stuff, stay outta trouble, and get a chance to hang out with Dad too :D I was lucky enough to pick up carpentry from my dad.

Ya, but notice the last pictures don`t include close up pictures of weldslaugh.gif he makes up for skills by adding more attitude, and dude im thinking YOU should do a how to titled "how to pick up gorgeous babes" cause......................just look at her.