Tranny Drain plug

Dat620 77'

On my 77 King Cab i just got done installing a l20b and a four speed tranny in it now i am wanting to fill the tranny with gear oil.But i got under it to do it and absolutly can not get the fill plug to break look it is stripped to all hell can i get some help here. what can i do to break it free so i can get gear oil i am so freaking frustrated u have no idea its freaking pissing me off guys HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it the outside square head or the inny that a 1/2" drive ratchet fits?

Try to get as good a grip on it as you can and heat the aluminum around it with a small propane torch. Get it smokin' hot. Aluminum expands twice that of steel so the aluminum hole will get 'bigger' when heated. If using a 1/2" ratchet head slip a short length of pipe over the handle for more leverage.If it's the square head use vice grips.

I have use leverage to my advantage and nothing it trys stripping more and this bolt is pretty well done for lol its killing me. I also dont have any way to get heat under there or i so would try it so what are my other options please help guys oh and thanks for the advice so far i will keep it in mind. Thanks Cody