4 banger turbo coupe?

Bill Pinheiro

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if a Cougar 4 banger turbo coupe would fit into a '66 520?? comments please...

My guess is you are blazing new (and interesting) territory with that one, so you will have to tell us! I bet it will fit, but I imagine new motormounts, possible steering column clearance issues, possible pan modifications, trans tunnel mods etc, etc.

But I don't think anyone has ever done it, so hell, it might drop right it!

Another thing to look into is a MGB 1800 engine. The 520 engine was a copy of the BMC B-series engines, and it miiiight bolt in with no problems, same mounts and everything. I just haven't seen anyone do it yet.

Then start looking into the mods that british guys do... turbo, Moss superchargers, cross flow heads and even putting a K-series BMW motorcycle head on the BMC block (though that might only be BMC A-series).

My guess is you are blazing new (and interesting) territory with that one, so you will have to tell us! I bet it will fit, but I imagine new motormounts, possible steering column clearance issues, possible pan modifications, trans tunnel mods etc, etc.

But I don't think anyone has ever done it, so hell, it might drop right it!

Another thing to look into is a MGB 1800 engine. The 520 engine was a copy of the BMC B-series engines, and it miiiight bolt in with no problems, same mounts and everything. I just haven't seen anyone do it yet.

Then start looking into the mods that british guys do... turbo, Moss superchargers, cross flow heads and even putting a K-series BMW motorcycle head on the BMC block (though that might only be BMC A-series).

yeah i figured that and im asking that cause i have a friend that has the the engine, tranny, and the rear end for like 300 bucks. thought it would be cool cause that motor in that car would run circles around my dads mustang haha

There were pics of a pickup in northern wa with a turbo ford motor... It looked like a really tall engine. I dont think he ran a hood and there was a lot sticking out.

I say measure everything about 75 times and go for it.

well if i have to ill put a hole on the top for like a scoop maybe, but i think it should fit. the only thing im worried about is the firewall ill probably have to cut alot out of that