a87 on l16 block

hooliganPL620

so me and my machinest were looking at my lovely block today and noticed that the valves were knocking into the #1 and #4 cylinders im running dish tops and bored .030 over with the a87 head with 1.65 intake and 1.38 exhaust valves anyone think this will be an issue maybe shim the head gasket or just run her anyway?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so me and my machinest were looking at my lovely block today and noticed that the valves were knocking into the #1 and #4 cylinders im running dish tops and bored .030 over with the a87 head with 1.65 intake and 1.38 exhaust valves anyone think this will be an issue maybe shim the head gasket or just run her anyway?

hey i just finish my motor with flat top pistons and the same a87 head i have no problems. check to see if is hitting the piston or is just knocking if is knocking adjust the rockers and see if that helps

Don't know what you mean the valves were knocking into the #1 and #4 cylinders. You mean hitting the sides of the bore or just close to them.

The L16 could run a 219 SSS head that had the same valve diameters in it as the A87 so should be good to go.

Check the very front of your head ... is there a 219 cast into it????

no 219 casting i have a 219 at my bosses house appears the valves were hitting the bore... left to my own devices aka my mind im thinking the valve guides that were replaced may have had something to do with it when i get my motor back tomm. I will silly puddy the block to head surface and see if its still doing it just me myself and i goin too far thinking next step though is paint the block install freeze plugs crank, bearings run the timing chain and cover and get this puppy together instead of looking at an empty motor stand and wishing so far i still have a hand full of shit