Stepchild

J.Chimpo

i figured i should start a actual build thread. i plan on using this car as my weekend runner and joy ride car my trucks too much of a gas hog to free roam in and don:t handle the windy roads as well.

when i brought her home

DSCN0950.jpg

DSCN0951.jpg

yes it's an automatic but if/ when i swap sr or a ka motor that will change

DSCN0943.jpg

i bought it just for the these seat covers haha

DSCN0942.jpg

the lovely engine bay it will get some clean up work

DSCN0941.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after it being home a couple weeks so far i"ve got

bucket beats and interior stripped i"m not running a back seat will be caged someday

DSCN0957.jpg

put a hurst shifter on it i like the feel better then the stock T handle

DSCN0956.jpg

found out why my alt wasn't sitting right bottom bolt was missing too

DSCN0961.jpg

found some rust when i removed the spare tire not really surprised though

DSCN0958.jpg

and inside the hatch lip

DSCN0960.jpg

i'm gonna try my best to do weekly updates

i"ll try to keep that in mind. thanks

haha yeah, i know your swapping in a KA or something "someday" but those are just better ones.

That rust is fixable! can either wire wheel that rust in the trunk and treat it with por15 or your choice of said product, and it'll last a while. Or just cut it out, and weld in a flat piece of metal. not many people seem to carry a spare now days anyways.

That rust on the hatch lip isnt to bad either, you could patch it up pretty easy. Doesn't have to be perfect, nobody would probably ever see it anyways

yeah i just need to get my hands on a welder at home may have to borrow one of my buddys or works. in the mean time i'll get it prepped all the rust in this car is in easy repair spots. i have the know how just need the tools and cash flow to do it

got bored at work today so i found some pipe and did this a little more modifying and it will fit on top of the carb with no problem won't clear the hood though so thinking of putting a buldge in the hood

DSCN0962.jpg

u may notice theres a lack of emissions equipment in that pic.

also wondering what would happen if you took a factory air/ smog pump and plumbed it to suck fresh air and force it into the intake. any thoughts?

also wondering what would happen if you took a factory air/ smog pump and plumbed it to suck fresh air and force it into the intake. any thoughts?

That would be a TURBO NO? :lol:

The air pump doesn't pump much.

some forced air is better then none right? lol

That would be a TURBO NO? :lol:

datrod thats what i was thinking too but believe it would be considered a procharger since it runs off the motor not the exhaust.

turbojunker wish i could help you out but i've heard shipping glass is a big pain

Wouldn't work. The air pump puts out very little volume and injecting into the manifold would act like a vacuum leak as you aren't taking into account the by passed carb.

this is what happens what i get bored.

the rest of the grill is gonna be black only got the red on for now

DSCN0970.jpg

i cleaned and painted the valve cover too

DSCN0971.jpg

now i just got to find where i put my oil cap and find my coil wire to match the spark plug wires. thinking the car is going to be black with small accents of red

finally cut the hole in the hood for the air cleaner wasn't thrilled about doing it but needed to be done

DSCN0972.jpg

i kind of like how this looks. but since washington is the state of liquid sunshine i had to make a cover. so mocked this up today.

DSCN0975.jpg

that was good beer BTW.

Thats sweet, I didn't know they made a 510 hatch in that year.

Always a fan of the air intake sticking out, also. :D

thanks. and i am too but there's too much rain up here and it won't get to stay in the garage during winter got other things that need to be in there.