620 body swap

herculesinwyoming

i found a wrecked nissan hard body 4x4 ext cab short bed, do you guys think my 620 long bed body could swap on to this frame? The hard body looks like it sideswipped a guard rail and the body is done, so i had the idea that my 620 would be a good body replacement

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i found a wrecked nissan hard body 4x4 ext cab short bed, do you guys think my 620 long bed body could swap on to this frame? The hard body looks like it sideswipped a guard rail and the body is done, so i had the idea that my 620 would be a good body replacement

Hmmm The frame for a KC (short box) is the same as a reg cab long box 620. D-21s I don't know never measured one but the D21 extended cab short bed would be similar to the 620 KC or the reg cab long box for total length. Now having said that, the mount's almost certainly won't line up but they can be cut off and welded on while swapping. Check distances between wheel wells and make sure the 620 will fit between them without a gap between the box and cab and with the wheels centered in the openings..

I had it all figured out like 8 years ago how to use a hardbody frame/running gear and set a 620 body onto it. The rear section of frame behind the wheels needed to be modified, along with all the cab/box mounts of course..........If i remember correctly the wheelbases were very very close.........i think that maybe the front wheels would sit in the fendr wells like 1/4 back from normal........not sure I can remember anything else.........but at the time hardbodys were a bitch to come by, I measured out a effed up one when i was working at a wrecking yard.

Bill

good replys, i guess it is deciveing because the frame looks the same on the trucks from the early 620s to the later hardbody i will see

what he wants for te truck , but maybe i am better off sticking to the old 620 fram and just doing a solid axle swap

I did it when I was 16. My mom and I put my 76' 620 on a '86 hb king cab with a z24. Had to redo all the cab mounts and slightly adjust the firewall to use motor mounts (hit it with 8# sledge) we never got around to the bed cause it was pretty rusty and I wrecked it before I found another one. Way we had it figured the long bed was gonna work fine with new mounts. Hardest part was rewiring the cab.

I remembered one issue we never addressed. The hb front bumper doubles as a cross brace. There is nowhere to bolt the 620 bumper. I ran mine with no front bumper. When I wrecked it, it probably would have been salvagable if I had just built a brace across the front for my 620 bumper. With nothing there, I bent the frame around and destroyed my front suspension, steering, and truck in general.