1981 Datsun 720 4x4

stpaul

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Greetings all I have a small problem I have a 1981 Datsun 720 4x4 and have replaced the engine with a new rebuilt that came from a 1982 Datsun 720 Z22. Can I use the same distributor from my old 1981 Z22 or do I need get a new one for the new motor?

LOOKS LIKE TO GOT GOOD ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTION. I also have a 1981 4X4 the I bought new and now I am interested if restoring the beast for fishing trips in my old age. Do you have any tips for finding parts. I need to rebuild the master and slave hydros for the clutch system and rebuild the brakes all around then from there go at the project on a step by step basis. Any ideas????

JR2

Sounds like it's been sitting for some time. The fluid can go low so refill and bleed the system of any air and this may bring it back.

The master and slave are available and fairly cheap to buy from auto parts stores. Rebuild kits are marginally cheaper if you are a do-it-yourself kind of person.

Brake cylinders in the rear can also be rebuilt using kits but again they are reasonably priced to just replace with new ones. The front calipers probably just need new pads and bleeding. ALL the old brake fluid needs to be bled out anyway.

JR2 you should start your own project thread for your truck so additional questions don't get confused with the ones on stpaul's. Be sure to include pictures of your 720 and a description of it, what you have done on it so far (if anything) and you plans.