A14 pictures

1eightySX

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 Appears to be your gas tank vent that usually runs to an evap canister.

[/img]

What does that look like exactly? this whole evap canister is going over my head.

EGR signal vacuum hose goes next to this hose. Where might this be?

Sorry for all the dumb question... however I have learned more in the last 5 minutes then I have searching the net for the last two days!

Cool, now I got some things to do. It will have to wait a bit as this weekend I am off to DMCC. I hope it doesn't get too cold here too quick.... we had an awful summer. Any way this thread has been super helpful. I am sure I will ask more questions later on but that is enough to take in for now. This car is going to be a bit of project at least I didn't have to pay for it. I hope i can get in running, then I can address the other issues.

Yes, "Tire Factory" stores here carry Nokian tires.

Hakkapilitta 7? Hakkapilitta 5 is only avaiable now. I was thinking of Hakkapilitta RSi, since we do not get much ice here.

http://www.nokiantyr...Hakkapeliitta+7

Sorry mods.. this is last tyre post in this topic.. skib please dont get me banned..

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I took some more pics and have some questions. Perhaps a review. (Pics aren't as nice this time)

dsc_0212.jpg

dsc_0210.jpg

It just occurred to me that the hose should maybe be on the lower portion and not the upper portion. Is that correct?

dsc_0211.jpg

Hopefully I understood this from earlier instructions. Does that seem almost right?

dsc_0213.jpg

Sometimes I really just guess a bit.

datgas10.jpg

Which numbers go to which letters?

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sure things need to be changed and I have some time off on Friday to take a crack at it.

The middle connector on the charcoal canister is the purge line. It connects to the Vacuum fitting on the manifold.

The small line going to the canister is the signal line. It tees into the distributor vacuum line.

dsc_0211.jpg

Don't let the EGR line come in contact with the exhaust manifold. This is a common cause of vacuum leaks (burnt hoses).

So I hooked it all up and it runs, but it is not pulling fuel from the gas tank. If we pour Fuel directly into the carb while it is turning over it will run through that fuel just fine. I will look at the fuel filter, and maybe consider a new fuel pump. If I need to order a new ones any recommendation of where I should do it?

So I hooked it all up and it runs, but it is not pulling fuel from the gas tank. If we pour Fuel directly into the carb while it is turning over it will run through that fuel just fine. I will look at the fuel filter, and maybe consider a new fuel pump. If I need to order a new ones any recommendation of where I should do it?

I am so happy right now! I Found that car on usedregina and the loser PO who was about 10 mins away from dropping some ford v8 into it! Hes the same PO who unhooked your gas tank, and threw out the Carb!

Your B210 will be good to you now boy! You got it running, and saved it from getting Forded. I can honestly say, I have NEVER been stranded by a Datsun. (my 83 Nissan 4x4 did once lol)

I wasn't really 'needing' another car when I bought that thing, but I was like: "Datsun?!#$%^&....IT MUST BE SAVED!"

Radio

it is not pulling fuel from the gas tank. If we pour Fuel directly into the carb while it is turning over it will run through that fuel just fine.

This is a common issue with cars of all makes.

The cause might be:

* Fuel filter

* Fuel pump

* Fuel lines

* Carburetor: accelerator pump or choke

First check the float level. On the carb is the sight glass window.

If the fuel comes halfway up the glass, the fuel supply is OK.

If the fuel comes halfway up the glass, the problem is internal to the carb. Remove the air cleaner and verify the choke is closing. On the A-series, the engines won't start in cold temps if the choke doesn't close.

I am not out of the woods yet Radio, but I will get there. It was encouraging to hear the motor run, it was really loud and I have no exhaust on it. :) Hopefully I get this all figured out. I think I will change the Filter First. Any idea where to buy one? Do most automotive stores carry them?

HEY! I think I have the Haynes manual for your car. I got it afterwards, from a lot I purchased on usedregina. Let me make sure its the right gen. And I realize that its not perfect yet, but you shoulda seen it without the fenders and hood on when I got it it was 100% apart lol.

Radio

Here are some photos of my weber installed on an A-15

th_Weber_Carb001.jpg?t=1288141337

th_Weber_Carb002.jpg?t=1288141337

This is showing the Charcoal Canister. The small inlet you can get activation vacuum by T-Connecting with Distributor Vacuum.

th_Weber_Carb005.jpg?t=1288141337

These are of Weber Vacuum connections. The forward one is distributor vacuum, the one back of it is for EGR.

th_Weber_Carb004.jpg?t=1288141337

This is my linkage setup. Just reverse the stock hitachi Linkage, flip it upside down, you can hook up the cable. You will note mine is missing

a bottom portion because I cut it off. The bracket came with the Carb from Redline.

th_Weber_Carb003.jpg?t=1288141337