Hello from CO

78LB620

Hey guys just got my new truck. Picked it up on CL earlier in the summer and I am hoping to get it water tight before winter. It has some rust (surface and otherwise) but it is all there and the engine and tranny are strong as there are only 56K on the clock and the PO signed the title claiming it was original miles.

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

(

IMG_0013.jpg

Here it is with the shell that came with it. I had never seen anything quite like it - 1/2 topper, 1/2 tonneau and a luggage rack to boot :rolleyes: The PO didn't replace the gas struts for the tonneau deck and the wind caught it one day and ripped the whole thing off. It broke the hinges and landed on the cab roof denting the piss out of it. :(

IMG_0010.jpg

My wife loves the paint job, I think I might preserve the design and maybe update it a little bit but try to keep that 70's styling. Let me know what you guys think.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Another green 620!

Welcome to ratsun!

Never seen a paint stripe like that, Cool! I remember seeing those toppers a long time ago- 70's?

Yep, the PO (original owner BTW) had the invoice from the dealer. Gave me a copy. It says that the shell is a SeaView model, and in 1978 was a $695 add on. I will scan that document and post it, kinda cool to see.