Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good. Mark or he goes by Duncan is crazy about gaps. He did all work with lead, and also filled all gaps to be good and tight, like a german virgin girl.

It would be fun to lead and make gaps perfect. Super time consuming. Most of mine is "good enough". For one I don't wanna spend anymore time and since I cut the shit out of the car it can only be "so good"..  :rofl:

It will fool the majority. If you look close enough you'll find flaws but it was never meant to be a show car  :thumbup:

• Like 1

All I can say is Bravo. I have been following your build, and it is top notch. Keep it up. :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Honestly if it wasn't for the encouragement from you guys this car probably would've been abandoned or in storage. I feel it's a team effort and you guys deserve some credit for it.

• Like 3

Ha! This is so far beyond giving away credit. All you. We just enjoy the show.

Encouragement goes a long way ;)

Car is in high build. Next step is block and then high build again, block and then seal/paint. I'm really hoping for the weekend following 4th of July. I'll probably haul it up to where the paint booth is this Sunday to shoot the high build and block again on the 4th. We'll see how it looks once I start blocking..

IMG_20180624_194436.jpg

• Like 6

Blocking high build is so relaxing. It's the best feeling to feel how nice and straight she is when you sand that butter off. One more fat coat of high build, block again and then paint. She's gonna look fucking killer!!!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

IMG_20180627_200331.jpg

IMG_20180627_200008.jpg

IMG_20180627_200013.jpg

IMG_20180627_200048.jpg

• Like 6

I'm over the blocking...

My wife was a little unsure about helping me load the car on the trailer ??

IMG_20180701_164430.jpg

IMG_20180701_170210.jpg

It's now at the paint booth. It won't come home until I've painted it.. it will be home next weekend for sure.

• Like 4

I found a really nice downdraft booth to rent. The guy is an old timer who restores cars in his barn behind his house. Super helpful and really flexible. It makes it so much less stressful than the other options I had.

After looking under better light I decided to lay down some more high build and block it out once again. It will be home by Sunday night.

IMG_20180702_173330.jpg

• Like 4

It's not the painting, it's all the prep and in between stuff :lol:

Nice job!  I just discovered this thread, and you've done a great job.  IMHO, you can't over block a car, and it doesn't hurt to repeat the process if you're in doubt. 

Now I know why people close their eyes and open their checkbook.. The 510Keeper makes it seem like it's a 45min job to paint a car  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 4

Still going...

Did a bunch of filler work yesterday. Gonna finish filler, spot shoot the epoxy sealer, shoot the high build, block the high build and then shoot epoxy sealer again...

I was hoping to put the car back together and drive by end of day Monday but my motorcycle battery was flat lined... should of keep it charging the last year. New one will be here Tuesday.

I also bought a new gun... The HF one was a POS. Grabbed a DeVilbiss Finishline 4. It's pretty sweet and has 1.3, 1.5 and 1.8mm tips. I can't wait to use it.

IMG_20180525_185449.jpg

Awesome job on the body work, it's got to be super exciting to be shooting color. Now that you've had the Finish Line paint gun for a while how do you like it? Are you using to spray the color as well as the primer?

• Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)