Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

holly crap, more next level gear mate, 

im in the same boat or worse than you, the performance level of my car way exceeds my driving skills, ( my attempt to sort this was to put the stickiest rubber i thought i could get at a decent price on the car)

now looking forward to more up dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got some toys. Hall effect sensors, tone rings, deutsch connectors and some hardware for the diff and toe brackets...

IMG_20170316_194841_zpsvritggeg.jpg

Chris Deshane hooked me up with new sheet metal to replace the spare tire well. Can't remember his Ratsun name?

IMG_20170316_195203_zpsonvxcxg6.jpg

Work will be getting done tomorrow!

• Like 3

Got some toys. Hall effect sensors, tone rings, deutsch connectors and some hardware for the diff and toe brackets...

IMG_20170316_194841_zpsvritggeg.jpg

Chris Deshane hooked me up with new sheet metal to replace the spare tire well. Can't remember his Ratsun name?

IMG_20170316_195203_zpsonvxcxg6.jpg

Work will be getting done tomorrow!

what did that spare tire delete run ya?

• Like 1

and awsome job as always btw cant wait untill we all cruise to canby together soo many turbo 510s this year!

and the hondata traction control is great look up gringo integra videos his name is myles kerr and he rapes with that car and all thanks to the hondata traction control lol

Spare tire delete was $100. Well worth it!

I only have one day a week (if I'm lucky) to work on the car due to travel for work. I just need to focus and start knocking things off the list. Today is "the day" and my plan is to button up the rear sheet metal.

Here's the hit list:

Fill any leftover holes in the floor,

Paint/Undercoat the floor and trunk.

Mount the Hall Effect (wheel speed sensors) to the rear end.

Mount rear suspension.

Seam seal the body.

Epoxy Seal Prime the body so I can drive for the summer.

Install windows.

Put the seats and gas tank in.

Dyno Tune.

Alignment.

Clean up wiring.

Mount front wheel speed sensors.

Wire in the Traction Control.

Have fun?

Just a small list before Canby...

Trunk pan is welded in. Fit the spare tire delete and tacked in place. Just need to finish welding that out. Next is the quarter panel drops, rear valance and finally the tail light panel. Just gotta keep grinding along. Looking like a car finally!

IMG_20170318_185206_zpsivrn2obf.jpg

IMG_20170318_185212_zpsuoktrbnq.jpg

• Like 3

Tire delete looks good... i assume it dropped right in with minimal effort like i planned?

I have OCD. Nothing "drops right in" :)

I trimmed 1/16"-1/8" off the perimeter and removed the front flange as it wasn't high enough. This allowed me to trim the front until it matched the factory sheet metal perfectly. I would recommend this route in the future. Just leave the panel trimmed right where it bends up and the customer can fit in the field. No two cars are the same so it's expected :) I'm happy how it turned out!

IMG_20170320_183900_zpstzhqtvcv.jpg

IMG_20170320_183855_zpsg1wehowi.jpg

• Like 1

If anyone has a spare tail light panel that's trashed I really need the center section. I gave away my old one and my repop doesn't have the metal brace for the latch striker or the striker itself. I'll send PayPal and you can be a part of this build ;)

IMG_20170320_183943_zps0aqjcwt5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)