Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I got a whole lot done today. Alot of stuff that isn't seen in pictures. All the rear sheet metal has been test fit and reworked as needed. All the lines look good and I'm ready to break down tomorrow and prep for final assembly and weld out.

IMG_20170304_131655_zpstcyidhmx.jpg

IMG_20170304_131714_zps5wsnmcep.jpg

IMG_20170304_133707_zpshqmjl4pq.jpg

IMG_20170304_133721_zpsswvlydsu.jpg

IMG_20170304_142031_zpsod0sypjy.jpg

IMG_20170304_142040_zpsfzswkqeu.jpg

IMG_20170304_142840_724_zpsgebl4gu6.jpg

IMG_20170304_160956_888_zpsbwhbrokc.jpg

And just so we remember where this car came from..

IMG_20170304_143956_964_zpsdecvbi0u.jpg

• Like 4

Rear suspension is out for the last time. Had the finish weld the exhaust hoop and wrap it with header wrap. That part of the car is done. I'm also ordering bolts to replace the studs in the rear diff mount. This way I can drop the rear end without removing the solid mounted mustache bar. Now to hang sheet metal, weld up and holes in the floor, por15 and undercoat. Should be pretty quick...... ;)

IMG_20170305_135720_509_zpsmpnqr0bb.jpg

• Like 4

the rear end set up looks mint!!!!!!!!!!!!!, did you go a custom stub axle as well????,

cheers for the pic of the shock mount mod, i was thinking you may have boxed that open section at the rear up too

as i was looking at mine when i had it up in the air chasing a brake leak before it heads to the trim shop

cant wait to see the next lot of pics as you finish up the welding abd body work, plus how the por15 comes up,

ive just got some of this to use on a new set of 555 tie rods waiting to go on my car!!!!

cheers again !!!!!!

that is truly awesome stuff man!, the level of workmanship on this build is crazy hey, its just keeps getting better

really appreciate your replys,

and like everyone else following the build i cant wait for the next update!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Well I might have created another project.. I've been asking John Kerr the developer of Nismotronics to develop Traction control for a while and I think I finally convinced him. 250-300whp in a 510 needs traction control.. If he commits 100% then I'll buy the hardware immediately and start fitting the sensors..

Fingers crossed!

Fun is not going sideways if you touch the throttle a little too much. I want to enjoy, not wreck my car. You haven't seen me drive :)

HAHA that's true I haven't seen you drive!  Can't wait to see it on the track!

also another alternative to traction control is boost by gear which i think our ecu can do with the boost solenoid they sell.

I have the boost solenoid. Only problem is at the base boost it's gonna loose traction already. I would need to modify and get a 3psi spring :) I'll probably use boost by gear once I build the motor and crank it up to 18psi.... :)

John Kerr said he would add more tables in the future for traction control input from the Hondata unit. Starting from scratch will probably be too much work for him in the near future. For now I'll order the Hondata unit and use the Flex Fuel input to alter the ignition timing based on traction.

I ordered these ABS toner rings http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-49879-917-530.aspx?parttype=ABS%20Tone%20Ring&origin=keyword

I'll machine them and tap them over my CV's like this:

cv%20flange_zpsgq99guwu.png

Most likely for the fronts I'll do something like this:

TC%20Front%20left_zpsrru8fvon.jpg

And I'll use these Hall Effect Sensors. Done.

https://sensing.honeywell.com/103sr13a-2-value-added-magnetic-sensors

Looks like I got John excited. Hes working on updating the software to add a new table for Traction Control. He's going to set it up so I can cut fuel and spark to individual cylinders one at a time to reduce power. This is great because depending on the 0-5v signal the ECU will decided the frequency of fuel/spark cut from cylinders. I like the idea of not just cutting fuel but dropping the spark in that cyclinder to reduce the possibility of a lean cylinder. Pulling timing works but sometimes is not fast enough to counteract wheel spin..

Here's what I'm using to read the wheel speed sensors and send the appropriate signal to the ECU: https://www.hondata.com/traction-control-product

The Hondata unit has six positions. Off. Min-Max slip.

hondata2_zpsd5xp3je7.png

hondata_zpsy9aakmuz.png

All items are ordered besides the Hondata untit that I'm trying to locate for local pickup as I'm in Ontario, CA until tonight.

STOKED!!

• Like 1
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)