Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So this is super late, as always for me, but the Toyo r888 runs suuuper wide in the tread department. They're 225/45/15 fits on a j10 with surprisingly minimal stretch. They also offer a 235/50 for a bit more chunky profile. Hope this helps!!

I wish Toyo made a 235/45. That would be perfect!

Here's the Maxxis RC1. I'm assuming the VR1 will be the same when released.

2016-12-21_15-29-49_zpsbiisudbk.png

And the Toyo.

2016-12-21_15-30-46_zpsnyvw1bu1.png

Did this on one of my 510s. It is a little easier if you loosen the bolts holding the steering box to the frame first. 

Shouldn't matter on later cars.  All 510's after 68 have a U joint between the steering box and the firewall.

I have lowered my column as well. Definitely helps with the driving position.

• Like 1

Very nice looking work as always! That's good info on those Maxxis tyres, didn't even know they made 15's... when should you have an answer on the VR1's, and any possibility for a potential group buy?

I bet there is on a Miata forum. I'll look around.

I'm sticking to my plan to get the car "road worthy" by Jan 3rd. Just need to weld out the wheel "tub" tomorrow and then I can focus on finishing the metal work on the passenger quarter panel and welding to the car. I'm hoping to do all that tomorrow.

Corner reconstructed and done.

20161226_142146_zpsxdq8kebd.jpg

20161226_170508_zpsfjontbk8.jpg

20161226_170451_zpsbzkrefdx.jpg

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

I took a month off... I got burnt out. Lot's of travel for work.

I found my way to the garage today.... Welded the passenger quarter onto the car!! It won't come off again!

IMG_20170129_155438_zpsxsxuuumk.jpg

IMG_20170129_155540_zpss4qyh7xd.jpg

IMG_20170129_155546_zpsa49hz3ig.jpg

Now I need to get the driver side attached and then the trunk pan. Then I can finish the quarter drops and tidy up some details before installing the tail light panel... Canby, Canby, Canby...

• Like 8

Have you googled to find the trim clips?  Tons showed up when I just did it.  I was going to send a link or two, but I have no clue what style you're looking for.  Once you google them, click on images to sort through them. :)

• Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)