Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished the pump pulley!!!

IMG_20150524_210555_zpsitvgn3wx.jpg

IMG_20150524_210618_zpsloqcaxev.jpg

IMG_20150524_212840_zpspzmcgsif.jpg

IMG_20150524_212703_zps3gtgf4dr.jpg

IMG_20150524_212758_zpsd11sekqs.jpg

IMG_20150524_212727_zpspqwutrim.jpg

Installed the injectors.

IMG_20150524_214717_zpsdl19mdic.jpg

IMG_20150524_214728_zpszj9ygx5x.jpg

Sex!

IMG_20150524_214749_zpsa6iskedw.jpg

On another note... Buddy got rear ended at a stop light by a drunk driver doing 50+. Only good side is the K9 tore his ass up when he ran. Luckily my buddy was alone or somebody would've died. He got lucky with a gnarly head gash.

Bye bye all-trac....

IMG_20150524_164721_zpsgqc714mg.jpg

IMG_20150524_164700_zpsceuxsmwp.jpg

• Like 3

I'll bite my tongue on a drunk driver rant. 

Pulley setup came out beautiful!!!  Matching pulleys would be better, but they can be done later.......it needs to be running, not necessarily completely perfect.....at this point. :)

• Like 2

Thanks guy. I've put a freeze on machined custom stuff. Maybe later ;) main priority is get it to fire off!

I ordered all the hardware to mount the tranny/starter and new hardware for the intake.

Next is alternator adjustment bracket. Mount the wastegate solenoid.

I do have one piece left to CNC machine. The bulkhead vacuum manifold. I'll model that up and make with our 5-axis mill. Much easier when you can "done in one" and have a 100 tool changed full of tools to pick from.

Planning to have motor installed by end of June. Fire off by end of August. Drive by my birthday (Oct24th)?

We'll see. I need to do some side work in June to replenish the car funds. I plan on buying a new rear lower valance from Futofab so need to hussle ;) and sell some spare parts!

• Like 2

Vacuum manifold is done. The one port will poke through the firewall and bolt flush. The other two will be in the cabin and go to the MAP sensor and boost gauge. A little overkill but what the hell..

IMG_20150526_192846_zpsc3464weq.jpg

IMG_20150526_192851_zpsqj30iqkp.jpg

Break free.....

IMG_20150526_192908_zpsyvjy8a7a.jpg

All done.

IMG_20150526_195143_zpstpiaf64v.jpg

• Like 4

The pulley came out sick!! I like the fact that pulley is the same width as the alternator pulley. One of the things I'm not feeling on my set up using the OBX pulley's is the belt is super thin for the alternator and crank but fits perfect for the water pump pulley. Might have get one of those off you after all when they are available, and just sell the OBX water pump pulley. Keep the photos coming man this build is ridiculous!!

• Like 1

Vacuum manifold is done. The one port will poke through the firewall and bolt flush. The other two will be in the cabin and go to the MAP sensor and boost gauge. A little overkill but what the hell..

IMG_20150526_192846_zpsc3464weq.jpg

IMG_20150526_192851_zpsqj30iqkp.jpg

Break free.....

IMG_20150526_192908_zpsyvjy8a7a.jpg

All done.

IMG_20150526_195143_zpstpiaf64v.jpg

Constant inspiration here. Heck I was just patting myself on the back for taking the time to polish my SU carb domes, lol. Builds like this are important cause they show the possibilities and inspire all of us to reach a little higher.

The pulley came out sick!! I like the fact that pulley is the same width as the alternator pulley. One of the things I'm not feeling on my set up using the OBX pulley's is the belt is super thin for the alternator and crank but fits perfect for the water pump pulley. Might have get one of those off you after all when they are available, and just sell the OBX water pump pulley. Keep the photos coming man this build is ridiculous!!

Thanks. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for the third time :)

Constant inspiration here. Heck I was just patting myself on the back for taking the time to polish my SU carb domes, lol. Builds like this are important cause they show the possibilities and inspire all of us to reach a little higher.

I'm glad my sickness is an inspiration for others :) I would get pretty bored without a project like this ;)

I would have loved to watch that being machined!  Gettin' a bit spoiled with the 5  axis there??  lol  One setup instead of 3.  Very sweet!

Love that machine. It's this machine here: http://www.kitamura-machinery.com/products/5axis/mytrunnion5/

We always have tons of tools in the tool magazine to choose from. All I had to add was the NPT tap to make that part :) 

I would have had to make it on a lathe. :lol:

That would be funny :)

• Like 1

I made a new pulley flange today. Last one was aluminum and the mounting flange was too thin. This one is steel with a 0.125" thick flange.

IMG_20150529_193634_zpscitscxca.jpg

Modified the stock alternator adjustment bracket.

IMG_20150529_204226_zpsi1ssj0n1.jpg

Finished the throttle body. I cut the plug off the end of the TPS sensor. Looks cleaner. Sealed with black silicone...

IMG_20150529_204238_zpsunyyfhbx.jpg

Next I need to order short head cap screws for the water pump. The pulley is too close for normal hardware. Also need to buy a thermostat so I can button that up.

That's pretty much it for the motor. Next step is pressure wash the tranny, bolt up the flywheel/clutch/pressure plate and bolt on tranny. I have some things in the tranny tunnel left to weld up and paint and then back in the motor goes....

• Like 2

After realizing I need to build all brake lines up front I came to the conclusion that I really need to throttle back my expectations on timeline for firing it off. I'm going to finish assembling the motor/tranny and install one more time for mock up. This way I can finalize the planning of all systems and prep the engine bay before final install instead of trying to work around the motor when it's in the bay.

Stay tuned...

• Like 4
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)