Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the kind words :)

I cleaned the shop this weekend.... couldn't work until I did.

Stayed late at work and made up the threaded mounts for my fuel line clamps. Will weld them to the floor next. No screws poking through the floors....

IMG_20141119_191940_zpssun6r1hj.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks guys :)

Need..... to..... work.... on.... car............

Baby duty this weekend so momma can do some contract work.

Couple weeks ago I replaced the rear passenger wheel bearing on the S4. Appears the driver side was worse.... Replacing that one this week.

A little tip for tough to press out bearing races. Use a MIG welder and weld a bead around the inside of the bearing race. After cooling the weld shrinks and shrinks the race with it and it will press right out. Works like a charm.

• Like 3

Thanks guys :)

Need..... to..... work.... on.... car............

Baby duty this weekend so momma can do some contract work.

Couple weeks ago I replaced the rear passenger wheel bearing on the S4. Appears the driver side was worse.... Replacing that one this week.

A little tip for tough to press out bearing races. Use a MIG welder and weld a bead around the inside of the bearing race. After cooling the weld shrinks and shrinks the race with it and it will press right out. Works like a charm.

thats a good idea! ill have to keep that in mind!

• Like 1

I couldn't get mine out with a 8ton press. After two beads it barely took any handle pressure to push it out...

As she sits......

IMG_20141123_175729_zpsj1ppf3fw.jpg

Don't know if I showed the fuel filter location. Still need to shorten and rethread the 90deg fittings so they'll sink in farther and not poke so much... Right side will go under the manifold and connect to the fuel rail with a soft line.

IMG_20141123_175742_zps8fucgtgl.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've struggled with how/if I'm going to trunk mount the battery. I really dislike the long power cable either under the car or through the passenger compartment. I finally decided I'm going to mount one of these http://www.odysseybatteries.com/batteries/pc680.htminside the glove box. I already have one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000Y87SEE/ref=aw_wl_ov_dp_1_1?colid=C58OIKUVFUK6&coliid=I3EGTJPM4U96Y5 to get though the firewall.

• Like 1

Made some clips to secure the brake line and ran it all the way forward. Still need to secure it up front. Got the flared fuel lines back. Those are done. Now just need to make up the stainless braided Teflon hoses to connect to the fuel rail and fpr.

IMG_20150103_173712_zpsdhtmyrau.jpg

IMG_20150103_174026_zps8aeuujfm.jpg

IMG_20150103_173959_zps9ziigzup.jpg

IMG_20150103_173944_zpsivvfrsr6.jpg

IMG_20150103_173654_zpsbcio1h7s.jpg

IMG_20150103_173647_zpsjzfrfaux.jpg

Hey Jeff!

Gotta tackle things in 3hr increments. Slowly but surely.

Once I get the soft lines made I can focus on finishing all the pieces and start doing final assembly! Its all gravy from here as all systems are done or finalized in my head. Big parts are finish weld out on turbo manifold, weld out exhaust and machine the new water pump pulley. All else is just a matter of time...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)