Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back to work.....

Jeff hooked me up with a KA24E Water Inlet. Makes everything soooo much better ;)

Looking tight....

IMG_20140419_155509_zpsj1g4y3b4.jpg

IMG_20140419_155520_zpsryvewivg.jpg

IMG_20140419_155531_zpsueuuthlv.jpg

I just really don't like the position of the stock lower plenum. I've had a lot of sleepless nights over this issue..

IMG_20140419_155421_zpscbmsdzdn.jpg

So I decided to fix that!

IMG_20140419_163932_zpsymsddm4y.jpg

IMG_20140419_164927_zpsc7hu8xqp.jpg

IMG_20140419_165518_zpshm7tzady.jpg

IMG_20140419_171126_zpsxlwengve.jpg

IMG_20140419_171137_zps46twtd5l.jpg

Off to the shop to test fix. BRB~

• Like 1

This was the last chance for that lower plenum. I was one step away from building a new one. I'm happy with it now. I want someone to look at it and know its not right but not know why.... :)

The pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body is gonna get radiused so it looks better and isn't angled into the silicone couplers. It will then get the bov welded into it...

Thanks for the compliment :)

• Like 2

I believe the plenum will allow for equal flow to the individual runners. The overall volume of air flow won't really be hindered because of the plenum.

Honestly when you start throwing boost around its not all that important. The more important stuff is intercooler end tank design/efficiency, fuel/timing etc.

• Like 1

Thank you. I just try to think of the best way and then take care implementing the idea :) I'm pretty happy so far.

FutoFab bought all my 280zx caliper adapters so things are gonna get moving again.

Ordering:

NismoTronics SA Package

GM 3BAR MAP sensor

FiveO 550cc injectors

Electronic boost solenoid

PLX DM-6 SM-AFR Gen 2 Wideband

And a bunch of other crap...

Thanks. Its coming along slowly...

I've ordered or have the following:

Injectors

Wideband

Reman rear 280zx calipers

Turbo inlet adapter that I'll weld a 2" pipe into

1.375" 90 pipe for the making a new upper and lower radiator pipes

And I have a stock uncut engine harness coming. I'll use this to get the car running and then later cut it up and make my new harness. This way in have an unmolested harness that I know works and is full length. Once the car is running I'll use my rebuild kit to put new pins/connectors/wire wrap and bulk head connector.

I'm currently planning the turbo coolant and oil lines....

So I got all my bits for the hot pipe.

I scoured the internet to find a turbo outlet that would work I found one that goes from 1.5" to 2". The guy said it was for a 50mm vband which doesn't exist.... Instead its what I thought and for a 2" pipe to weld into it....

Here's the pics. Just need to weld the outlet to the pipe tomorrow and then start planning the air filter to turbo inlet....

Let's just say it turned out bad ass. I put 2 couplers so it wouldn't strain the turbo...

IMG_20140502_161125_zps1gbpokfu.jpg

IMG_20140502_161136_zps2by1vjpk.jpg

IMG_20140502_164600_zpsftt0hhb7.jpg

IMG_20140502_164608_zpsajrw49ss.jpg

IMG_20140502_164730_zpsqmy2kbtb.jpg

• Like 1

I know that feeling. I have been using multiple cameras for my car, and I know I have shot hundreds on each. Like my current camera is at 380, but that is just the pictures I decided to upload. I have another album at 780 from just 1 camera. Then I have my phone(s) pictures... It gets out of hand.

• Like 1
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)