Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 5/14/2019 at 4:01 AM, 68Datsun510 said:

I've been following you on IG for a while now (I'm vg69datsun510) and this car is the absolute pinnacle of insane engineering and development.  Crazy high quality work, keep it up man!

Thank you!!

31 minutes ago, hang_510 said:

Finally read this entire impressive build. The hours it took to read (+oics) has saved me a bunch!!!

I will source a stock flywheel/clutch for my KA build.

🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️ 

• 1 year later...
23 minutes ago, 68Datsun510 said:

Just looking back on some stuff here, its a crying shame how many image links broke 😭

I know. Ratsun must have restored a backup at some point because I went through every image and hosted/linked to a domain. I even pay $75/yr to host the images yet they're all broken now. That's why I stay on Instagram.

Josh-

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also installed the RaceTCs traction control system recently. This system is a stand alone that intercepts the fuel injector ground wire and when wheel slip is seen it will cut fuel per cylinder to gain control.

I installed toner rings and gear tooth sensors on all wheels.

image.thumb.jpeg.309a01938ef4c4fc314610d532efb45c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a5e8e213a867678de3c98ad060a112.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.157254a4d61f7be7dc87967e05db1029.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ec158baa869e2651c74e7f767fefd05a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.dcdb49b65ff37edad641e251cbc79ff9.jpeg

In a 2nd gear corner if you are not super careful the turbo will spool so fast that the ass end will come around and the ditch or curb will be your new best friend. I know this from experience....

This dyno graph illustrates why:

(Disclaimer. This dyno is known as the "heart break dyno" as it reads way lower than Mustang and DynoJet. Should be 300whp)

image.thumb.jpeg.d0bd1c8e2cdcf9772c7198cb24aa69f7.jpeg

The torque comes on so fast by the time you get out of the throttle it's too late, the inertia is already taking over.

Testing the RaceTCS system I tried with setting #1 which is minimum wheel slip. Brown line is min slip to engage (3% wheel slip) and Gray is max (28% wheel slip) this is based on max fuel cut for that setting. See bottom for settings page for dial setting #1.

The car didn't step out at all with WOT mid turn and exit. Normally it would be doing a 180deg turn..

You can see by the green line the TCS system was cutting 30% of the fuel, effectively 100whp to keep the car biting the road.

image.thumb.jpeg.5ec948e5002538c4c99ce44af54aeb76.jpeg

Here's a wide view of the whole event.

Top red line is RPM.

Thick red line is active slip.

Blue jumpy lines are wheel speed sensors.

Green line is fuel cut.

image.thumb.jpeg.16105dde18d2851f76c887da4dcda0f7.jpeg

Trying this again on setting #5 the car hung the ass end out about half way and I was able to gather it up with steering and throttle control. According to RaceTCS the standard track setting is #3.

Dial setting #1 is as below. Each dial setting has a separate page for configuration. Flat shift, and launch control are also options if you want to use.

image.thumb.jpeg.df41daa60141c54e2f60b0fb39a878bf.jpeg

So that's all about the RaceTCS system. If you have over 200whp I would highly recommend it. Even for the safety of wet driving makes it worth the time and money.

Josh-

Edited by Josh K.
  • Like 6
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)
  • 1 year later...