Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, The Taterhead said:

At first I was like “black cherry” but then seeing it outside I’m like “Smuckers grape jelly”

Hell yes.

IMG_9157.gif

My '74 was painted Chrysler (or maybe Jeep?) color but the can was miss labeled .....

USiuY24.jpg

My wife didn't like it so we had it done in Black Cherry...

phtTuiw.jpg

It's very subtle but different. The purple was too bright, this looks blacker in low light.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Z23T said:

Honestly, when you said you were going to paint it purple, I thought, all that work and your going to paint it purple, WTF! But it looks awesome, way to go!

????

You weren't the only one.. Hell I even started to doubt myself.. Luckily I already spent $350 for a gallon of this paint ? I couldn't be happier though!!

• Like 1

Thanks!

I finally put a badge on her ?

Also installed the fuel system, trunk and trunk seal... mounted the fender/valance, test fit the bumper...Hood is on, just need to paint the hood prop arm.

IMG_20180712_104643.jpg

IMG_20180712_104155.jpg

IMG_20180712_104613.jpg

IMG_20180711_200845.jpg

IMG_20180711_170137.jpg

IMG_20180711_170105.jpg

Edited by Josh K.
  • Like 7

Waiting on delivery of fuel door bumpers, quarter window latches and headlight buckets. I'm also on the hunt for some nice side vents... I'm awaiting the firmed up date to put the headliner in and then windows can go back in... lot's to do but it's moving fast.

Edited by Josh K.
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, Josh K. said:

Raise your hand if deep down you thought this car would end up in the scrap yard??...... ??

...no, but I thought you could at least make it last another eight years!

-and the engine bay color actually looks kinda good next to the purple - sometimes the engine bay is a different case out of laziness when someone doesn't want to pull an engine and unplug all of the wires. Not the case here.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Will said:

...no, but I thought you could at least make it last another eight years!

-and the engine bay color actually looks kinda good next to the purple - sometimes the engine bay is a different case out of laziness when someone doesn't want to pull an engine and unplug all of the wires. Not the case here.

????

Thanks!

I put the frontend on. Still waiting for the repop buckets so I'll replace those when they get here. I went with a different variation on the grill paint...

It looks fucking amazing ?

IMG_20180713_163828.jpg

I'll add this so we get the front to back....

IMG_20180712_115207.jpg

Edited by Josh K.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)