Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)

Josh K.

Spent like 3 hours going through this thread. I was getting kind of bummed cuz their were a ton of pics photobucket wasn't showing. Glad to see that at the end they are there. This car, this work of art is incredible Josh. Just wanted to chime in and thank you for the crazy work ethic. It's truly a labor of love. So sick!!! Keep going Man!

Thanks so much for the kind words. It's definitely been a long road to get this done. Many life changes during this build also but I just try to keep pushing forward. Sometimes it's hard cause who wants to do the dirty work?

I just can't wait to drive it. I hope it stays together  :rofl:  :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spent like 3 hours going through this thread. I was getting kind of bummed cuz their were a ton of pics photobucket wasn't showing. Glad to see that at the end they are there. This car, this work of art is incredible Josh. Just wanted to chime in and thank you for the crazy work ethic. It's truly a labor of love. So sick!!! Keep going Man!

This build is one of few I think is worth the effort to fix all the dead picture links.

Pics are fixed!!!  :thumbup:

• Like 3

I've had the flu for a week so progress was stopped. I had to prioritize work and other projects over the car. Only so much energy.. finally got a little wind behind my sails tonight. Got the garage straightened up and the car moved to the other bay so I have more room. Now to finish prepping for Epoxy primer. Gotta get busy..

IMG_20180430_205034.jpg

IMG_20180430_205827.jpg

• Like 7

I love how subtle the change is. The flares add alot tho. Very nicely done.

X2 on the flares, every time there is a pic of them I just have to stop and drool.

X3 on the flares, nice work they look like they belong to the car not added on.

Thanks Guys!!!

• Like 2

Sealer done. You can see how much the filler on the back quarter soaked up the sealer. Once I do another round of filler/sanding I'll shoot high build and that will get soaked up by the filler before shooting another round of sealer.. damn I'm tired.

IMG_20180506_134933.jpg

IMG_20180506_165304.jpg

• Like 7
  • 3 weeks later...

Still going...

Did a bunch of filler work yesterday. Gonna finish filler, spot shoot the epoxy sealer, shoot the high build, block the high build and then shoot epoxy sealer again...

I was hoping to put the car back together and drive by end of day Monday but my motorcycle battery was flat lined... should of keep it charging the last year. New one will be here Tuesday.

IMG_20180526_103541.jpg

I also bought a new gun... The HF one was a POS. Grabbed a DeVilbiss Finishline 4. It's pretty sweet and has 1.3, 1.5 and 1.8mm tips. I can't wait to use it.

IMG_20180525_185449.jpg

• Like 5

I was thinking about one of those due to it's relative affordability. Please post your findings.   B)

Most definitely. I'm excited.

So major set back.. Might be a Canby killer.. After hand sanding the whole car and feeling how smooth and nice it is I decided fuck it, I'm painting the car now. I can always rework panels later if I really feel like it. The trunk is definitely one that will be replaced and re-shot later.

This means I probably won't make Canby. No sense in rushing it now after going on 8 years. The body work won't be perfect. I'm going to purposely make sure it's not perfect in places to pay homage to her past.

Stay tuned.

IMG_20180528_124734.jpg

IMG_20180527_202747.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks!!

So I think I found the color. It's "Twilight Purple". Paint code is from a Geo Metro :w00t: They also use it on Rolls Royce and BMW's. It casts a good shadow on the body lines and has some nice pearl. Should add a level of sassiness and honestly I would bet $100 it's the same exact paint color my old 510 was before it sun faded.
It might be a little darker and more sass  :rofl:  :rofl: 

IMG_20180530_170229.jpg

IMG_20180530_170244.jpg

IMG_20180530_170239.jpg

IMG_20180530_170304.jpg

IMG_20180530_170327.jpg

IMG_20180530_170320.jpg

• Like 6
  • Josh K. changed the title to Feng Shui (The 510 Experiment) (Pics fixed through page 7..)