1967 Datsun 411 Wagon Restoration - Meet "Alice"

AZhitman

Thanks to all my Ratsun friends, our 411 wagon project is done. I've been documenting and photographing the progress, and I wanted to share it with you guys.

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as we enjoyed doing the work.

1967 Datsun WRL411 Wagon Restoration

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.

I wish I had looked under your wagon at JCCS. I gave it a good look but I had no idea all the work you and your family put into this thing. That thing is purdy. It's a shame the judges at JCCS just look at a car and don't really get into it like they should. You should have won best wagon. :(

I know you don't build cars just for that. I think you just have a bad wire in your brain that makes you do this stuff.

As far as the looks you get driving down the road and the :thumbup: I think it's the color. I get the same thing.

I wanted to paint my roof to match my wheels. But I didn't know if it would look good.

Now I know. But can't really do it since you allready did it.

That is one of the best datsuns I've seen in quite a while.

Wow.

I wish I had looked under your wagon at JCCS. I gave it a good look but I had no idea all the work you and your family put into this thing. That thing is purdy. It's a shame the judges at JCCS just look at a car and don't really get into it like they should. You should have won best wagon. :(

Nope. But coming from you, that's a huge compliment. Thank you sir!

I know you don't build cars just for that. I think you just have a bad wire in your brain that makes you do this stuff.

Yeah, I'm really not into trophies - in fact, I'd prefer to see some youngster with his first restoration win, or a girl who's into cars. I do kinda have a screw loose for details - I really like restoring individual components and reassembling the car that way.

I wanted to paint my roof to match my wheels. But I didn't know if it would look good.

Now I know. But can't really do it since you allready did it.

Hell yeah you could - If we all thought like that, there'd only be one red wagon! :) I think your roof would look good in silver, or a light dove grey.

That is one of the best datsuns I've seen in quite a while.

Thank you again. I'm honored to be in good company. :)