My '76 710 Goon

datzenmike

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the 200sx rims 13" or 14"? I really like the way they look - will they clear the 280z brakes?

710wheelswap002Large.jpg

They are optional Nissan S110 aluminum rims 5 1/2 JJ X 14. They had better fit.

They fit over my 280ZX brakes, plenty of room...

IMHO, they look GREAT on 610s and 710s!

Those rims look good on there Mike. I say keep em on there and roll the lip. Like I said you can borrow my roller I bought it for 300 ish bux and I've used it once so I need to put it to use lol. I also have spring compressors if you need? Those tires should grip nice in the corners.

Rich

Upon further inspection,You are right I think the the sedan with its new paint and ride hight will suit these rims better. And you could tuck the 200sx rims on the goon!

I will rock the zx rims if I can be sure they won't rub. No way I'm fucking them up. They will look better on the dark 'Black Cherry' paint on the sedan and I doubt my wife will be testing the full suspension travel anyway. In fact the sedan could come down 1 1/2 or more inches now. It looks retarded up that high at the front.

I may be able to compress the springs some more and get enough clearance on the goon.

I will rock the zx rims if I can be sure they won't rub. No way I'm fucking them up. They will look better on the dark 'Black Cherry' paint on the sedan and I doubt my wife will be testing the full suspension travel anyway. In fact the sedan could come down 1 1/2 or more inches now. It looks retarded up that high at the front.

I may be able to compress the springs some more and get enough clearance on the goon.

Ya they look good on the goon.They fill the wheel well nicely. Keep up the good work Mike!

Swapped the mags.

710strutupgrade010Large.jpg

710strutupgrade013Large.jpg

710strutupgrade012Large.jpg

710strutupgrade011Large.jpg

Yeah they fit the sedan with room to spare. Mrs. d really likes them, I said we'll see. Sedan has primer and needs sanding and more primer. Then ready for paint. Slowly getting there.

The 200sx mags look like this

710strutupgrade014Large.jpg

Did look like this...

710strutupgrade007Large.jpg

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I like how the wider wheels fill the wheel well(but useless in driving)

The sedan looks like its getting close Mike and looking nice :cool:

Soon some seat time Mike. :cool: :thumbup:

Hahahaha I don't 'get' lowering to where everyone like it. I'm changing my views though, slowly. It first of all, has to function and not hit the tires. Not driving something that hits manhole lids, roll curbs or Starbuck's coffee cups in the road. Not driving something that groans going around corners.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Hahahaha I don't 'get' lowering to where everyone like it. I'm changing my views though, slowly. It first of all, has to function and not hit the tires. Not driving something that hits manhole lids, roll curbs or Starbuck's coffee cups in the road. Not driving something that groans going around corners.

:lol:

Moar loawaar bawse(subliminil message)

:lol:

Springs are over-rated :lol:

bump stops thats the new kewl :lol:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I would go alot lower. That stance does not need to be driveable and almost like with those rear mud flaps as bump stops.

Fixed :lol:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I wish Lou :angry:

I dont have a pot to piss in right now :unsure:

next yr?

:(

Maybe catch a ride with Mike in the goon? Mike? :unsure:

Well I'm stuck. My spare parts 710 MC doesn't work either. Found a spare 7/8 200sx MC and took it apart and cleaned it up only to find it's a no show as well. Tried NAPA ad Can Tire for rebuild kit or new one and they don't list them. Dealer may have something but when I rode my bike down there.. they'd moved. :poop:

All the truck ones I have, have the outlets to the right side of the car and will hit the strut tower. WTF? All I need are a few rubber seals that look like lifesavers. Want to bleed brakes so I can drive my car, damn it!

The stocker is 3/4 so I was hoping the 7/8 S110 would work as I have the larger calipers now. Fuck. Shit. Piss! (turrets)

Really hoping rich will come through with the zx master. Will drive up to the Nissan dealer (that moved) and see if they have any build kits for the S110 ($50) ouch.

The stocker is 3/4 so I was hoping the 7/8 S110 would work as I have the larger calipers now. Fuck. Shit. Piss! (turrets)

I have used that expression before....

Always started with Shit though....then....Fuck and possibly a Piss... :D