1st week with a licence, 1st rain in 2 months...

.sunlover

Okay, my favorite Datsun story is about my first truck, 1979 kingcab, Freshly, a burnt peanut color, I think called wine red, dad did all the body and paint, I did the interior black and white to match the 8ball stickshift, and buckets, and speakers, not alot else, carb, exhaust. anyway, theres a girl Me and my buddy met at oaks park, and she's kinda' on his lap in the passenger seat, this lady cuts me off and testosterone of me at 17, I start kinda' lunging close and cutting the front end back and forth behind this lady that's going sooooo slow now, and she pulls off for her turn. (we're in beaverton) i'm accelerating talking shit, and glaring through my rearview, and a corner sneaks up on me and my front tires make it, but my rears, slide out (after all that work, I ain't wrecking this!) and hit a gravelly shoulder puddle, and I maniacally crank the wheel back and forth briefly using reverse, I stay on the 2 lane road swing around the corner, hit nothing, and and come to a stop at the red light, steam more than tire smoke, all artound me and i've gone 450 degrees and am parralel to the stop line, behind it :), and i've stalled the truck. My rearview is catty wompus, and Melissa cheers, "do it again, Do it again!" I still trying not to soil myself, admit "that wasn't on purpose", she surprised "Oh", and I start the truck and get semistraight for the green light, we made it up to see Melissa and her friend a few more times, but Oddly we never really drove anywhere again :)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, just joined yesterday, loaded 3 pix of my 521 i'm finishing now, it said I had no more pic space, and for member and other photo section, it said my pix were too large a file, even though I checked auto downsize, and I said fuck it. all I could get is 2 or 3 gallery pix, sorry, lol, i'm in a 1970 mindset :) MY 79 I was driving in 93, no digi camera pix yet, I got some frontier wheels and cop pursuit tires n a truck box, and traded straight across for a 1971 510 no motor, straight as an arrow no serious rust....... yet, lol. I got pix of that, facebook anyone? or just tell me the secret code to getting the pix downsizer to work, or what i'm doing wrong, lol.

you DDing any of your dattos?

Im in OC almost every day.

and read this. because ratsuners are picture whores.

http://community.rat...e-photo-albums/

Forgive me for being lame, DDing? and thank you for the link, last thing I want, is a delay while everyone figures out i'm not fulla shit, really, I just want these beauties on the road where they belong again.

Daily Driving

thanks, dding=daily driving, ask me in 2 weeks, it was running with a gas gravity bong yesterday, otherwise road ready, starter motor fried, motor getting choked hot, stalling, flipped elecro choke coil, not working backwards anymore, I have 3 more starters, 1 or 2 are probably good, fixed fuel system today, regulator, system for upgraded lines no extra restriction. flushed my long ago treated gas tank a lil, pumped some fresh gas through, looked clean to the carb, starter motor tomorrow, drivetrain is sound, brakes, clutchset, new, just some weber jetting, this one's new, the old one had a fukd primary circuit and busted linkage to the secondary, and the lil l16 under it, just a built while rebuilt l20b now, but tuning aside, I should be terrorizing the road at least between here and DIP within 2 weeks, then try to peel me outta it, :) what are you in OC in nearly every day? i've been in my tbird or my paintless 4wd ranger til I got remotivated to finish this 521 all midnight blue btw. 280z project stalled at no spark, ecu hooked up, it's a 2+2 so i'm looking at value vs/ 521 suspension swap Truck wheels are better, but z has retro aluminum wheels if I sold my 2 complete motors with ecu's 80 was running, 75 just wouldn't start one day ( heard probably ignition inline fuse, well already had swapped to 80 z motor by then), anyway, 510 is set to be made to fit the 1980 z suspension, front is rough mounted, then I can find it a motor and tranny. (not cutting my 510, if I get a 6, it'll be a v6, but what i'd really like to do is get a wrecked 370 and mt it in the 510 shell, all of it. anyone got pix of a project like that?