PLEASE HELP ME! Slave Cylinder Problem

ruckycharms

Hello Rats,

So I finally got my Dogleg into my 620 with L18 to boot. A lot of complications doing this swap. The latest is the slave cylinder for the Datsun 200sx ( Tranny ) has a line that comes out and right into where my torsion bar is located. So my buddy who was doing my swap simply did a mickey mouse job of bending the line at an angle as a temporary fix. His recommendation is to go to a custom brake lien shop and have them fab one for me. Does anyone know of another alternative for problem?

Which option should I take?

1) Go get a custom brake line made and install it

2) Get a longer line and go AROUND the torsion bar

PLEASE HELP- JCCS SO CLOSE! :blink:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to use the slave cylinder from a 521. The 200sx slave cylinder hits the torsion bar. Its that easy! :lol:

Are you certain that this will fit the Dogleg Tranny? 100%? Will local places have the 521 Cylinder? I will check so please no posts about LMGTFU.com -

Which are very funny btw :D

Are you certain that this will fit the Dogleg Tranny? 100%? Will local places have the 521 Cylinder? I will check so please no posts about LMGTFU.com -

Which are very funny btw :D

I'm sure. Did the same swap on my 521 a month or so ago. Check Rockauto . com.

With the truck slave I will likely be hitting that lip on the very edge of the bellhousing. The truck slave is slightly longer causing it to be mounted at an angle to get over that lip on the housing. I may have to get grinding on that lip. Nothing on Rockauto appears to be a correct fit... sigh. If anyone here knew an exact fit application for my problem that would be great. Anyways, thanks for all your help guys!

2eDeYe' date='03 September 2010 - 06:26 PM' timestamp='1283563603' post='347287']

Mine fit right in the groove for it on the bellhousing.

Steve i went & looked @ my dogleg & theres a 3/4 inch lip on the bell housing right where the hose threads in He should be able to grind a bit of that lip away to get the slave to sit flat.