79 620 L20 Carb help!

hondaluvr

Ok so I'm currently trying to put a carburetor off of an L18 onto my L20.

The problem is that when I bought the truck it had a holly one barrel carb. rigged onto it and a lot of hoses plugged off. 

I'm fairly new to carburetors and this motor all together, so what I am looking for is either a diagram of what hoses go where or a picture of someones same model engine up close to see where all these lines and hoses go.

Any help would be amazing. lol 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wrong section bro, somebody please move this. anyways most of those hoses and crap you see can go bye bye. now is a good time for you to learn about emissions, how it works, and why it sucks!!!! if you can eliminate the hoses you can eliminate your chances of vacumm leaks. im not sure how different the 79 is compared to a 77 but here is a picture of my 77 just after i removed all of my emissions garrbage, all you need as far as hoses is a fuel line runnign to your carb, your big vacumm line to your brake booster, and a vacumm line off the base of the carb to you rvacumm advance. everything else can be taken off and capped, dont waste your time trying to plug vacumm lines, try and remove as many of them as you can!!!! then plug the hole where the line came from with a substantial vacumm cap or if its a threaded hole with a pipe plug etc.

IMG_0218.jpg

• 4 months later...