Oil pan removal

red-521

Hi there, new to posting here, but have gotten a lot of useful info. on other issues...so I thought I'd give this a go to get an answer. I am replacing a rear main seal on my 71 - 521 truck and I ned to drop the oil pan to get at the bearing to remove it. I have the transmission off as well as the clutch and flywheel. The front cross member has a bottom part that is connected by two bolts on each side. Can I just remove this without lifting the engine to get the oil pan off? The engine seems to mount to the frame and this bar at the bottom doesnt appear to be doing much but stabalize the flex in the frame? Anybody done this without jacking the engine?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pharouh im looking for a smaller versoin of the front airdam shown on the front of your truck for my 521 can u point me in the rite direction?

sorry,man I have no idea where you would get one. The only truck airdams I've seen are for 620s and you get them here.

I remember seeing a 521 airdam years ago,but nothing since then. They were made from a flexible black plastic like car bumpers.

Good luck!