My Dad's 521

ggzilla

I finally found a picture of my dad's Datsun pickup. I remember riding in it when a was about 6 or 8 years old.

Dad let me shift the tranmission at times (easy stuff like from 3rd to 4th)

And boy was it BOUNCY ... does that indicate it was a 520??? Can anyone tell from the photos?

78_NOV-11.jpg

78_NOV-12ax.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the first year 521 had round rear side markers IIRC later ones were rectangle. ??

520s had really stiff rear springs and were rated at 2,200 lbs capacity. 521s were rated at 1,100 lbs. Now this is just a theory but the ratings are just numbers on the ownership. I believe Nissan still used the 2,200 rated springs on the early 521 and simply changed the paper work when importing them. A higher GVW rating would incur higher registration fees for licensing them for the road, at least it is here. I had a 521 and stuffed almost 1,800 lb into it and it easily carried it.

Just a theory.

Thanks guys. It looks like genuine Winnebago shell, but sadly no bubble windows.

We once took a trip from California to Washington in that truck, Mom & Dad and five kids. In the middle of winter. Those were the days.

umm 7 people in a datsun? and a datsun truck? wow must have looked like smuggling in mexicans

• 2 years later...